Is Truist Field's LTR system encrypted?

DanRollman

Database Admin
Is Truist Field's LTR system encrypted?
Thanks

The Braves hasn't been encrypted in years past. And it's hard to imagine they'd upgrade that old clunky system at all. Last summer they amended their FCC license to permit DMR modulation. My guess is the Braves will transition to a DMR trunking system of some sort if they haven't already. If they desire it, that would give them some level of interoperability with the existing Braves Development Corporation (not the team; the outfit that operates The Battery next door) too.

w4amp

Premium Subscriber
Thanks Dan. I see the signals and cannot decode them with a SDS100.. The battery DMR is ok.

rayvelcoro

The Braves hasn't been encrypted in years past. And it's hard to imagine they'd upgrade that old clunky system at all. Last summer they amended their FCC license to permit DMR modulation. My guess is the Braves will transition to a DMR trunking system of some sort if they haven't already. If they desire it, that would give them some level of interoperability with the existing Braves Development Corporation (not the team; the outfit that operates The Battery next door) too.
The LTR analog system is not encrypted. 461.375Mhz very active. Also, the "Battery" DMR system transmits to a pretty good distance outside the property.

DanRollman

Database Admin
What is your location?

I've made a few edits to The Battery cap+ system this morning, based on a little bit of monitoring from my office in midtown Atlanta. I can hear it fine from here on my SDS100, though I am admittedly sitting 300 feet in the air and could land in Truist Park on a zip line from my window if I had a cable that long. That said, I still don't think I can hear the Braves LTR system, which is highly focused inside the ball yard.

DanRollman

Database Admin
So I am currently hearing DMR Cap+ traffic on 452.500 and 451.875, which used to be LCN 6 and LCN 7 on the Braves analog LTR system. The CC is 13, which matches the CC for the Braves Development Corporation. The TGs I am seeing are in sequence with the BDC Cap+ system (100s). Also on the BDC system I am hearing a ton of what sounds like the sort of routine Braves "game day" activity I used to hear on the LTR system. Thus, I think the Braves activity that used to be on the LTR system is indeed migrating over to the BDC DMR Cap+ system.

I can hear the BDC DMR Cap+ system from my office, but I could never hear the LTR system from here, so I can't confirm whether the LTR system is still active (perhaps with fewer frequencies in use). Can anyone confirm whether the analog LTR system is in fact still in use as of today, and if so, which frequencies are still active on it in analog? Thanks!

DanRollman

Database Admin
I just confirmed that 451.875 is now LCN3 on the BDC Cap+ system. I've added it to the BDC TRS in the DB, and removed that frequency from the Atlanta Braves LTR system in the DB. Unsure yet what LCN 452.500 is, but that's definitely now on the BDC TRS too. Have to head out, and will be traveling next week, but will do some Discovery and Analyze work on the BDC system with my SDS100 when I'm back in a few weeks.

w4amp

Premium Subscriber
Thanks Dan. Never had trouble with the battery frequencies. 15 miles from the ballpark at 1250' asl. With yagis, verticals, preamps etc. I can hear p25 trunk systems in three states, just amazed there is nothing here on the ltr frequencies. Even if it is in milliwatts I should be able to receive it. Getting help in this forum is getting tough.

rayvelcoro

Update: I rode by Truist Park today (within 2-3 blocks running a TRX-1). 461.375 Mhz FM has seemingly gone quiet (part of the analog system). I didn't pick up any other analog activity either. I was able to confirm DanRollman's find that 451.875DMR and 452.50 DMR are both active in addition to the previously documented 461.800DMR and 464.925DMR.
There was a notable absence of the near-constant chatter that used to occur on the analog frequencies so I'm not sure where that activity went.

DanRollman

Database Admin
There was a notable absence of the near-constant chatter that used to occur on the analog frequencies so I'm not sure where that activity went.

On Thursday I listened to the DMR system for the few hours before first pitch (I wasn't able to listen during game time) and heard near-constant chatter on a dozen or more talkgroups I hadn't heard in prior years. Much of it sounded like the sort of routine Braves "game day" activity I used to hear on the LTR system. I am nearly certain they added most or all of the old LTR frequencies to the DMR Cap+ system and migrated everyone over.

w4amp

Premium Subscriber
Good job guys. Looks like mystery solved. I am going to combine the two frequency lists as a single Moto Turbo site, and try to find all the talk groups and lcn's. Thanks for the help.

DanRollman

Database Admin
Good job guys. Looks like mystery solved. I am going to combine the two frequency lists as a single Moto Turbo site, and try to find all the talk groups and lcn's. Thanks for the help.

Thanks! Mystery isn't quite solved yet, but we've gotten a lot closer. I plan to spend as much time figuring this system out as I did the Delta Air Lines DMR system at the airport, which I can also hear from my office in midtown and allowed me to figure out virtually all of the talkgroups that are regularly used (though I still have a bit of cleanup work to do there).

DanRollman

Database Admin
Yesterday I identified and added LCN4 to the DB. I have scanned the remaining frequencies licensed to the Braves and previously used on the LTR system and have not identified any other frequencies that have made the transition to the BDC DMR system. I would be interested to know if anyone else is seeing Braves DMR activity on any frequencies other than the 4 that are now listed on the BDC page in the DB. If there are no others, it seems they've shrunk to 7 talkpaths. Maybe that's sufficient.

rfd320

Premium Subscriber
Would anyone be willing to share screenshots of how they have Truist setup in their SDS? I have MotoTrbo upgrade but can't seem to get it to work. I downloaded the RR straight in. Using ARC 536BA. Thanks!