Is Union County Nc going encryption ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JRush311

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Jan 17, 2017
Messages
126
Reaction score
3
Location
Monroe, N.C.
so far just part of the sheriff radios and part of the monroe city radios are
but it seems they are going that way

although no sign of the ems or fire doing so
 

garys

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Jun 13, 2002
Messages
6,702
Reaction score
1,721
Location
Central Texas
This seems to answer my question, maybe. I'm in Lancaster County, SC and get good signal on the Union Simulcast site. So far though, all I'm receiving is the Fire/EMS dispatch and nothing else.

Are all of the Sheriff Department TGs encrypted now?
 

yardbird

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Mar 3, 2004
Messages
1,071
Reaction score
99
Location
Concord, NC
Jake,

We have been through this before.

If you are not hearing anything.

Then it is a good bet that it has been encrypted.

I think it is stupid, but then again I don't make the decisions on that stuff.

I think there should be legislation drawn up like in Colorado that makes it illegal to use encryption.

David
 

JRush311

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Jan 17, 2017
Messages
126
Reaction score
3
Location
Monroe, N.C.
No the talkgroup is not encrypted. I can always hear the dispatchers and sometimes hear the deputies who havent "flipped the switch"
they have recently begun the encryption and most sound like robots now

I suspect you are picking up fire and ems off the low band?
UC Sheriff has its own dipstach Talk group

DEC - 45596 Hex -b21c Mode - D Alpha Tag - UCSO Disp 1 Description - Dispatch 1
 

yardbird

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Mar 3, 2004
Messages
1,071
Reaction score
99
Location
Concord, NC
I don't really care.

Never been interested in Law Enforcement except for SHP.

Just hope fire/ems doesn't go

David
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top