OP25 Issues with ADP decoding

Reconrider

Inside the Galaxy
To begin, what hardware platform and Linux OS is it that you have op25 installed on? This info is needed to determine specific configurations
Right now it's a virtual machine(vmware workstation 17.5) running Ubuntu 22.04.
I'd like, if possible, to hear the audio on the VM and have it save the audio files. Maybe 30 minute increments

wgbecks

Right now it's a virtual machine(vmware workstation 17.5) running Ubuntu 22.04.
I'd like, if possible, to hear the audio on the VM and have it save the audio files. Maybe 30 minute increments
No problem configuring this type of arrangement on Ubuntu 22.04 other than it will take a little reconfiguration of the Pulse Audio (PA)
system to facilitate Liquidsoap to skate around some permissions issues. This is especially true when it's desired that op25 and Liquidsoap
are desired to run as system services instead manually running them from terminal sessions.

PM me if interested in making the changes to the PA configs. I'd be willing to email you a word document outlining the steps to follow.

Reconrider

Inside the Galaxy
No problem configuring this type of arrangement on Ubuntu 22.04 other than it will take a little reconfiguration of the Pulse Audio (PA)
system to facilitate Liquidsoap to skate around some permissions issues. This is especially true when it's desired that op25 and Liquidsoap
are desired to run as system services instead manually running them from terminal sessions.

PM me if interested in making the changes to the PA configs. I'd be willing to email you a word document outlining the steps to follow.
There's no easier way to make this work? Haha nothing with op25 is easy.
Sending you a DM for assistance with this

wgbecks

There's no easier way to make this work? Haha nothing with op25 is easy.
Sending you a DM for assistance with this

Sent you the procedure to reconfigure Pulse Audio... Reference files: op25-liq.service & op25-rx.service found in the apps folder.
You can use these to crate services needed to run op25 and liquidsoap. Edit and replace "pi' as the username with your actual Linux username
before enabling and starting the services.

Reconrider

Inside the Galaxy
Sent you the procedure to reconfigure Pulse Audio... Reference files: op25-liq.service & op25-rx.service found in the apps folder.
You can use these to crate services needed to run op25 and liquidsoap. Edit and replace "pi' as the username with your actual Linux username
before enabling and starting the services.
I have all that fun stuff done, including the DMed part.
So the fun part, how do I make it save the audio files every 30 minutes verse your 60 minutes?

Last edited:

wgbecks

So the fun part, how do I make it save the audio files every 30 minutes verse your 60 minutes?

I haven't really thought about it. The volume of radio traffic in my area for the TGID's that I monitor easily fit a full hour of a typical day into
approximately 3–6-minute file lengths. Offhand, I don't see an easy way to cut them into smaller pieces from inside of Liquidsoap, but would
think you could easily craft some python code to keep track of the desired time segments then open and close the recordings accordingly.

Reconrider

Inside the Galaxy
I haven't really thought about it. The volume of radio traffic in my area for the TGID's that I monitor easily fit a full hour of a typical day into
approximately 3–6-minute file lengths. Offhand, I don't see an easy way to cut them into smaller pieces from inside of Liquidsoap, but would
think you could easily craft some python code to keep track of the desired time segments then open and close the recordings accordingly.
I decided to leave it at 1 hour. It's a trunk system so it's going to be larger than yours but I plan to check daily anyway.