Issues with DSDPLUS 2.465

N1XDS

ÆS Ø
Hey guys and ladies,

I have a problem making DSDPLUS fast lane work with SDR++ since I can't get SDR Sharp to pick up signal from my antenna. Here below is the pictures of the settings I have for DSDPLUS 2.465. Maybe a setting I am over looking. I am using a RTL 2832 usb dongle

image3.jpegimage2.jpegimage1.jpegimage0.jpegimage4.jpeg

Last edited:

N1XDS

ÆS Ø
I never used FMP24 so I wouldn't know how to set it up.to make it work
Why are you using SDR++ when you have the paid version of DSDPlus?
You can use the FMP24 program that comes with dsdplus fastlane for your frequency tuner.

Reconrider

Inside the Galaxy
Look at the vc.bat and cc.bat and the 1R.bat. Those files will be helpful plus the notes.txt and dsdplus.txt
One of the .txt files included inside the dsd folder will have examples you can use to put together.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin

Just run:

FMP24-CC.bat and 1R.bat

Then, in the main DSDPlus Event Window, under the Menu system, go to CTRL and make sure you have "Combined CC/VC Monitoring" set instead of passive monitoring.

It's that easy to get it going. Really, that easy.

If you've already been in the DSDPlus menu fumbling with things you haven no idea about, close DSDPLus and then delete the DSDPlus.bin file.

Then run FMP24-CC.bat and 1R.bat

Mike

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Just run:

FMP24-CC.bat and 1R.bat

Then, in the main DSDPlus Event Window, under the Menu system, go to CTRL and make sure you have "Combined CC/VC Monitoring" set instead of passive monitoring.

It's that easy to get it going. Really, that easy.

If you've already been in the DSDPlus menu fumbling with things you haven no idea about, close DSDPLus and then delete the DSDPlus.bin file.

Then run FMP24-CC.bat and 1R.bat

Mike

You change frequencies in FMP24 by "focusing" on FMP24. When you have mouse-focus on FMP24 (such as clicking on the top bar), then you ccan simply type in a frequency and hit enter. When you start typing the frequency in, you'll see it being typed in the top line. You can adjust gain with G/g in that same window, and you can adjust bandwidth BW with B in that window, toggling bandwidth between 4.0, 7.x, 9.x, 12.5, 20.x. i forget the exact values.

You can click on the waterfall to move to a frequency you see on the waterfall. Don't get confused by the white versus green lines. The white lines are the signals.

N1XDS

ÆS Ø
I'm picking up the signal from the system I am wanting to listen to but its not decoding anything? I think its something to do with FMP24 how do I change the step size?

DSD+ 1R input set to > Use direct FMP+ linking

Output Speakers virtual audio cable?

Do I need to switch it over to System audio?

Control is set: CC/VC combined

Source: No audio source do I need to change that to something?

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
I'm picking up the signal from the system I am wanting to listen to but its not decoding anything? I think its something to do with FMP24 how do I change the step size?

DSD+ 1R input set to > Use direct FMP+ linking

Output Speakers virtual audio cable?

Do I need to switch it over to System audio?

Control is set: CC/VC combined

Source: No audio source do I need to change that to something?

Output should be speakers (if you expect to hear anything).

There is no option for "No Audio source". I suspect you mean "No source audio monitoring", and that's fine. You don't want to monitor/hear the source audio if you are trying to decodea digital system, because all you will hear is the digital system.

What type of system are you trying to decode?

NXDN48: BW: 4.0
NXDN96 / DMR: BW: 7.6
P25: BW: 9.5 or 12.5

Forget about step size. Just click center on the signal you want to monitor. Or if you know the precise frequency of the control channel or conventional channel you want to monitor, type it in and hit enter (when focused on FMP24).

N1XDS

ÆS Ø
Output should be speakers (if you expect to hear anything).

There is no option for "No Audio source". I suspect you mean "No source audio monitoring", and that's fine. You don't want to monitor/hear the source audio if you are trying to decodea digital system, because all you will hear is the digital system.

What type of system are you trying to decode?

NXDN48: BW: 4.0
NXDN96 / DMR: BW: 7.6
P25: BW: 9.5 or 12.5

Forget about step size. Just click center on the signal you want to monitor. Or if you know the precise frequency of the control channel or conventional channel you want to monitor, type it in and hit enter (when focused on FMP24).
P25: Phase 1 and Phase 2 on some channels

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
P25: Phase 1 and Phase 2 on some channels

Figure out which one of the "red" channels is actually the current control channel. Focus on FMP24, type in the frequency and hit Enter. You'll see that it's center on the [hopefully] strong signal . Then you should start seeing things in the DSDPlus main window (Event Window).

Mike

N1XDS

ÆS Ø
Figure out which one of the "red" channels is actually the current control channel. Focus on FMP24, type in the frequency and hit Enter. You'll see that it's center on the [hopefully] strong signal . Then you should start seeing things in the DSDPlus main window (Event Window).

Mike

Here is what I am currently seeing in both FMP24 and DSDPLUS. It seems like its picking up the signal but not decoding

image0.jpeg

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Are you running the paid version (Fast Lane) ?

If you are, and you are running FMP24-CC.bat and 1R.bat (NO other batch file, manmade or otherwise, just THOSE batch files), then you should be fine.

Right now, FMP24 and DSDPlus are not talking to each other (see the error in the command window).

If you are using Fast Lane and you are running FMP24-CC.bat and 1R.bat (and you have never edited either one of those batch files), and INPUT --> Use Direct FMPx Linking is selected, then FMP24 and DSDPlus should be communicating with each other.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin

If you are, and you are running FMP24-CC.bat and 1R.bat (NO other batch file, manmade or otherwise, just THOSE batch files), then you should be fine.

Right now, FMP24 and DSDPlus are not talking to each other (see the error in the command window).

If you are using Fast Lane and you are running FMP24-CC.bat and 1R.bat (and you have never edited either one of those batch files), and INPUT --> Use Direct FMPx Linking is selected, then FMP24 and DSDPlus should be communicating with each other.

Disregard, it does look like it eventually established a link.

BUT, like I said before, if you got into DSDPlus and started clicking things you had no business clicking, then you need to close DSDPlus, delete the DSDPlus.bin, and start 1R.bat again. You probably went in and told it that you only wanted to decode P25 or something under the Decorder menu, when you should be leaving everything exactly as it was when you received it.

but, I don't see a menu system, so I'm guessing you are running the "Free" version from the website? If so, i can't help. Somebody else will have to. that "free" stuff is almost a decade old.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
And for that signal you are parked on (the 855.xxxx one), you don't need the gain at max (43). Focus on FMP24, press 'g' until you bring the gain down a little like to 30 or 25 or so.

N1XDS

ÆS Ø

I have the paid version for DSDPLUS fast lane.

I deleted the dsdplus bin file and now its not connecting to link id 20001. I haven't changed anything.

Screenshot (99).png

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Are you remoted into another machine? That screen shot looks like it was taken from a machine taht was logged into the DSDPlus machine remotely with the DSDPlus instance having a smaller screen. That screenshot [for my eyes at least] is useless as well.

Close any FMP24 stuff and any DSDPlus stuff. Then run FMP24-CC.bat and 1R.bat. It should connect right up. Look in DSDPlus --> INPUT --> make sure its set to use Direct FMP* Linking.

And if you aren't running FMP24-CC.bat and 1R.bat, or if you are but modified them, then get the originals.

DSDPlus is designed to run right out of the box (assuming the dongle can be found) by simply running FMP24-CC.bat and 1R.bat

mike

RMason

Premium Subscriber
You may want to use Snipping Tool to include only a portion of your screen in the screen capture. There is not enough resolution to read your entire screen.

Using the Snipping Tool is one of the easiest ways to take a screenshot. If you’ve taken screenshots using Windows before, you’re probably familiar with the Snipping Tool. This version of the tool combines the original Snipping Tool with the Snip & Sketch Tool. Follow these instructions to open the Snipping Tool and get started:

1. Press Windows logo key+Shift+S to open the Snipping Tool directly.
  2. After entering the keyboard shortcut, you’ll see a box at the top of your computer.
  3. Choose between the following screenshot options: (from left to right) rectangular selection, freehand selection, window, or full-screen capture.
  4. Pick the rectangular selection or use freehand selection to highlight a designated screenshot area for an active window or your full screen.
  5. Look for a thumbnail image of your selection at the lower-right-hand corner of your screen after capturing your screenshot.
  6. The Snipping Tool copies your screenshot directly to your clipboard, so you can paste (CTRL+V) your image into another app if needed.