Jackson County's new Harris P25ip system

scanphreak

855.7375 is active control channel right now. This was one of the original 5 frequencies on Jackson County's SmartZone system before they added P25 to it many many years ago.

SID: 000Ah-1010

Not hearing any traffic on it though. Strong signal from D'Iberville.

scanphreak

Here's some updated information after listening for a few hours today.

System ID: 0000Ah-010
Site ID: 0010
WACN: 92037h
NAC: BE6h

855.3125 voice channel
855.7375 control channel
856.3625 voice channel
857.2125 voice channel
857.2175 voice channel

TGID: 1601 - Ocean Springs PD Dispatch (UID: 160001)

So far it sounds like only Ocean Springs is using the new system. Everyone else is still on the current system.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Here's some updated information after listening for a few hours today.

System ID: 0000Ah-010
Site ID: 0010
WACN: 92037h
NAC: BE6h

855.3125 voice channel
855.7375 control channel
856.3625 voice channel
857.2125 voice channel
857.2175 voice channel

TGID: 1601 - Ocean Springs PD Dispatch (UID: 160001)

So far it sounds like only Ocean Springs is using the new system. Everyone else is still on the current system.

Great job! Please consider submitting it here: RadioReference Login (select New Trunked System)

Thanks for sleuthing!

Mike

scanphreak

I'm experiencing an issue with my BCD325P2 staying locked on the cc frequency even though I have full bars. Sometimes if I move the scanner around a bit the cc will show in the display for a moment then it'll go back to NFM but my signal shows every bar.

I have tried adjusting the squelch to 0, 1, and I usually keep it on 2.

Here is the thing, these frequencies were in use previously for the current Motorola P16 system, and are at the same towers and I never had any trouble hearing traffic. So it's not an issue with interference on the frequencies. I can listen on a ham radio and only picking up the digital signal of the cc and no other interference.

I deleted the system and reprogrammed it again in case I missed something and no difference. I have noticed this with LWIN towers along I-10 in the past. Sometimes I'll also see this with an MSWIN tower but the one close to my house is always solid no matter where I drive in and around town.

I'm including a couple of pictures to show you what I'm seeing. On one of them you'll see I have full strength signal but it says NFM, and on another while holding on the cc frequency it'll (sometimes) show the SID and full strength and NFM, and on the last one it'll show full strength and the actual cc frequency in place of NFM.

I'm using an 800Mhz loaded rubber duck antenna and it's happening all over town and in my house. Again reminder this same site is broadcasting the current mot system with no issues. Just happening on this brand new Harris p25 system.

My SDS200 is on a 4 ele yagi and it's staying locked on non-stop.

Anybody have experience with this issue? Any solutions?

Attachments

• 20240907_205440.jpg
    20240907_205440.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 9
  • 20240907_205247.jpg
    20240907_205247.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 8
  • 20240907_205411.jpg
    20240907_205411.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 9

scanphreak

I think what's happening is P25 simulcast distortion. I took the scanner on the road and live about 6 miles from the closest site. Drove to the site and about 4 miles from it I started getting a solid cc with full bars. And it remained like that.

Then I drove into D'Iberville and it dropped the cc a couple of times but the further west I drove it started staying locked on the cc with full bars still. So I'm guessing I was far enough from the other sites from being able to interfere and it remained locked on the cc.

I guess I'm just gonna have to justify $700 for an SDS100 now. Sigh. 😀

Last edited:

scanphreak

Have you noticed it's mostly patches so far? I've seen 4 talkgroups all patched into 1.
Please explain how I could tell that on a bcd325 or sds200? Only tgid so far is 1601 and it's all ospd traffic. Not hearing anything else yet.

Last edited:

Wilrobnson

Rock or Something
I've no earthly idea. I've had 2 325P2s that I sold within a month of buying, and I have a 436 for Provoice. I have little use for Unident radios.

I used Pro96Com last week to snoop on the new system. Seems there are usually 4 talkgroups (1240, 2103, 8001 and 8002) patched to supergroups in the 65xxx range.

May do it again this week.

scanphreak

I've no earthly idea. I've had 2 325P2s that I sold within a month of buying, and I have a 436 for Provoice. I have little use for Unident radios.

I used Pro96Com last week to snoop on the new system. Seems there are usually 4 talkgroups (1240, 2103, 8001 and 8002) patched to supergroups in the 65xxx range.

May do it again this week.
They won't, and you're assuming I have an SDR dongle connected to a computer using software which I don't.

Never the less thanks for the info I was unaware of that. I happen to like my 325P2 but now that it seems I'm getting simulcast distortion on this system I'm gonna have to sell it along with two 396t's to help defray the cost of an sds100. I drove around all over in Jackson County today annoyed that it wouldn't stay locked on the cc despite a full signal.

Wilrobnson

Rock or Something
I'm going to have to trash my Pro96Com logs for this new system and start over as the data mixed with Mobile County's logs due to the common 00A sysid inherent on Harris stuff.

scanphreak

I'm going to have to trash my Pro96Com logs for this new system and start over as the data mixed with Mobile County's logs due to the common 00A sysid inherent on Harris stuff.

That sucks.

I got another tgid OSFD Dispatch is 1631, I'm going to assume there won't be any analog on this system, that's a lot of radios the shop has to deploy.

QuietPlease

...I'm trying to listen.
Database Admin
The system has been created and is active in the database here. Normally, we'd stage a system while in development, but since it is being used by Ocean Springs, I went ahead and marked it as active even though not much information is known.

Please keep up the good sleuthing and submit any known information or corrections using the submission link on the database page. I'll keep monitoring this thread, but the submission link is the way to get things added or changed.

Here's some interesting reading from the WCC minutes a few years ago.

scanphreak

The system has been created and is active in the database here. Normally, we'd stage a system while in development, but since it is being used by Ocean Springs, I went ahead and marked it as active even though not much information is known.

Please keep up the good sleuthing and submit any known information or corrections using the submission link on the database page. I'll keep monitoring this thread, but the submission link is the way to get things added or changed.

Here's some interesting reading from the WCC minutes a few years ago.
This morning before I went in to work several School Buses from within the county were very active on the new system. I jotted down several TGIDs but it's going to take some time listening to things they say to determine which school is talking on which TGID. My guess is Ci installed radios in non-essential users like all of the county's schools to see how things are working out throughout the county.

Why Ocean Springs decided to be a beta tester of this system is beyond me other than I know they had been having so many issues with the current sunsetting system for at least 3 years now. Constant monitoring heard units and dispatch using the phrase "10-9 You went digital" or "last unit I didn't copy you" etc. and it was constantly like this. So they've probably had enough of the MOT800 system.

I know everyone in the county has been eagerly waiting for this change. As I continue to monitor the old system and notice agencies no longer talking I'll be logging TGIDs on the new P25IP system.

There was also some local news media coverage of it a year ago but I can't seem to find it online now. I distinctly remember the Sheriff (Mike Ezell) who is now a US Congressman was being interviewed by the news at one of the sites where the future Ci Harris P25IP system was going to go in.

scanphreak

I've been in that building many times. I never saw that news reel before good find. That system they're talking about is the one that finally came to fruition this month. I took off work today and I've captured a ton of stuff so far this morning. Sounds like a lot of stuff is still patched, I'm hearing traffic from the same agency bounce around on 2 or 3 different talkgroups all which are patched to 65185, all from the same city.