• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Jaguar 700P Accessory Connector Pinout

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
I have it for the LPE, which i think is the same as the Jaguar. Let me know if you want it.

SCPD

QRT
LPE Pinout

Here is the LPE pinout .. which i think is the same as the Jag. Sure someone can confirm or deny that.

Attachments

• udc side.GIF
    udc side.GIF
    9.5 KB · Views: 2,063

rmiles

Yes, that LPE diagram is the same as the 700P/P5100/P7100. I verified it via the service manuals for all three radios.

External speaker for P7100ip?

I know this thread is very old, but maybe someone can help.

I'm trying to get a headphone jack (or just speaker +- out at this point) on a Macom p7100IP radio. I'm doing this because I want to connect the radio to my computer, to provide a feed to this site.
I just want to basically solder on a female 1/8" mono jack. I ordered this adapter, which I thought was correct, but it was not.

Quick Disconnect Adaptor for Harris M A com Jaguar 700p P7200 Series etc QD MA3 | eBay

This came with what is marked as a headphone jack, but is a 6 pin connector of some type. I tested the pins with my meter against the connector pogo pins and was able to connect. I tried touching the leads from a small speaker to all of those pins while the adapter was connected but I couldn't get anything to work. And, the internal speaker never shut off. Maybe something has to be grounded to tell the internal speaker that an external speaker is connected.
At this point, I'm just considering opening it up, unsoldering the speaker wires and running them to the outside. I could put in a small switch too.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

SCPD

QRT
From what I have seen those are really for like covert headsets etc and not really for what you and I really want.

I too have thought about getting audio out of an Edacs radio. I wanted it more for recording audio, but the newer scanners do this part very well so I abandoned that idea.

CSHIFTLT

Feed Provider
Use a old shoulder mic (so the radio sees the "sense") and tap off of the audio out.
cshiftlt

Radioman96p71

Feed Provider
Buy one of these:

1 Earphone Surveillance Kit by Otto for GE Ericsson M A com Jag 700p P7100 | eBay

Cut the end of the cable off, solder on a 1/8" plug.

Viola, line-level audio out and a nice 4' cable to go to the computer. And at that price you literally can't even get the radio adapter for that cheap! The radio end has a built-in op-amp to boost the audio up, sense pin is configured to mute the internal speaker.

I ended up taking it apart and soldering onto the speaker outputs. Added a 220k ohm resistor inline to cut the hiss.

It's been on the air for a couple of days now.

Status
Not open for further replies.