Jefferson County S.O. and Beaumont PD moved

Status
Not open for further replies.

giant22000

Y'all got anything new to report? I still ain't hearin nothin.

I thought maybe that maybe the area had some hiccups with the new system as my BCD436HP which is phase II capable is VERY inconsistent with receiving the audio from the new system. I had to travel around the Houston area yesterday which is primarily on the TxWarn P25 Phase II system. I loaded up a few municipalities of interest and took off on the road.

I heard absolutely nothing. So I thought maybe it was a programming issue, so I tried loading the zip code that I was in and still my scanner would receive absolutely nothing, zilch, nada.... So at the end of the day, these BCD436HP's are not very reliable on Phase II systems and my scanner has become defective.

Funny thing is, Hardin County has been on the Phase II system for a while and I have no problem listening to them... Who knows??? Maybe time to research and purchase a new scanner.

crossdw

Jefferson County SO primarily, CC are 858.7375c and 859.7375a

858.7375 is the active CC - I'm listening to it right now from Port Arthur. Might want to check your equipment and see if there may another issue. I'm using DSDPlus with an RTL-SDRv3 dongle on Windows 10.

motorola_otaku

Premium Subscriber
Couple of suggestions...

-Try scanning the entire 700 and 800 ranges and looking for control channels broadcasting the 4E6 system ID.

-There shouldn't be any change in talkgroup IDs aside from new additions as all of the systems in the area (SETRRS, Orange County, the new P25 system) have been connected to a single core via a SmartX switch for years. You can divide the "Uniden" talkgroup ID from the old systems by 16 to get the new P25 IDs, or just plug the hex IDs into Windows Calculator set to Programmer mode and switch from hex to decimal.

scanfan03

Premium Subscriber
It looks like the Beaumont tower is changing control channel frequencies quite frequently, to a frequency thats not listed in the DB. Put the Unication in Bandscan and it picks up the new control channel frequency after about 30 seconds.

teebee

It looks like the Beaumont tower is changing control channel frequencies quite frequently, to a frequency thats not listed in the DB. Put the Unication in Bandscan and it picks up the new control channel frequency after about 30 seconds.
That explains why I am not able to pick up Beaumont Site like I have in the past with only the CC's only programed. If you have a list of CC's they are using, please reply with them

scanfan03

Premium Subscriber
I don't know what they are using. I enabled bandscan on the system with only the Beaumont site in it and it finally found the tower. I didn't even look to see what frequency it was using or even know if the Unication will show you the frequency the CC is on.

scanfan03

Premium Subscriber
Also, while I find this hard to believe. It looks like Beaumont PD/FD and Jefferson Co are tied only to the new Beaumont tower. They aren't even allowed to affiliate to other sites. I can't confirm this for sure, but that's what I've seen so far. My guess is, they are working out kinks with the P25 upgrade and maybe they will interconnect the sites together at a later date?

I wish everybody would just merge with TXWARN, it would make life so much easier. But hey, whatever floats their boats.

giant22000

Also, while I find this hard to believe. It looks like Beaumont PD/FD and Jefferson Co are tied only to the new Beaumont tower. They aren't even allowed to affiliate to other sites. I can't confirm this for sure, but that's what I've seen so far. My guess is, they are working out kinks with the P25 upgrade and maybe they will interconnect the sites together at a later date?

I wish everybody would just merge with TXWARN, it would make life so much easier. But hey, whatever floats their boats.

I have been hearing Beaumont FD only on Vidor site, but have not heard them or PD / Sheriff elsewhere.

giant22000

What I've been experiencing lines up with what has been posted earlier in regards to the cc changing frequently to frequencies not posted in the db.

With that said, I can't confirm any additional cc's as I've not had much time to utilize search mode on my bcd436hp in order to find unpublished cc's on the Beaumont site.

crossdw

Beaumont PD and Jefferson County SO are now back on 854.3625 (the old SETRRS system CC) as of this morning. The new SETRRS P25 system is still up for the other agencies, but the Beaumont repeater (858.7375 CC) is now not affiliated with that system so they must have had issues and switched over to 854.3625 until they get the bugs worked out.

TxScanner

Premium Subscriber
I am glad I found this thread, I recently had my munication G5 pager programmed with Beaumont PD and Beaumont fire, was working great, then one day it wouldn’t do anything, and this explains why I hope I get it fixed quickly. I was enjoying listening to them on my pager

Status
Not open for further replies.