Johnston County Sheriff - Encryption

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mokanic

Hopefully this FYI does not violate the brown banner I see above. If it does, my apologies and please delete.

I understand (from a deputy that is a relative) that the talkgroups for the Johnston County Sheriff's department are being encrypted or have been. New radios have been issued to the deputies this week. My understanding is the talkgroups, (Narcotics, etc.) but not the "main" channel will all be encrypted. I do not know if this will affect the town police or other channels such as Fire/EMS talkgroups (Private channels, Ops channels, etc.). Just an FYI.

Mokanic

Listening to Main Dispatch (TGID - 5000) tonight and have not heard a peep. So, I guess the change has taken place. Still hearing traffic on County PD (TGID - 4004).

Bad form, I know to reply to my own. But, just heard some traffic on TGID 5000, Main Dispatch. So, it must be an extremely quiet night.

zapman987

Premium Subscriber
Cant say which TG as Im listening to the broadcastify feed, but Im hearing SO traffic right now. I do think lately its been a bit less, but Dispatch is still there at least, based on the type of traffic.

Status
Not open for further replies.