Johnston Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

W1KNE

Owner ScanNewEngland
Database Admin
OK So I think you're confused, so let's try to help you the best we can. Johnston Fire is on the RISCON trunked radio system. This is a trunking system. There are multiple frequencies involved. You have to entire the trunking system into your scanner as a Motorola P25 digital system, and program the talkgroups 1616 and 1617. Your scanner will do all the work with data it decodes off of the radio system.
You have the SDS100, that is a GREAT scanner for RISCON, and there are good resources here on how to program it by hand, or using software such a Sentinel (which is free) to program it.

jnardo

OK So I think you're confused, so let's try to help you the best we can. Johnston Fire is on the RISCON trunked radio system. This is a trunking system. There are multiple frequencies involved. You have to entire the trunking system into your scanner as a Motorola P25 digital system, and program the talkgroups 1616 and 1617. Your scanner will do all the work with data it decodes off of the radio system.
You have the SDS100, that is a GREAT scanner for RISCON, and there are good resources here on how to program it by hand, or using software such a Sentinel (which is free) to program it.
I was using Sentinal but i would johnst fire in the favorite list but when I was scanning it still showed the old one. Now I erased the whole system I have to find out how i can fix it. By the way thank you

jnardo

I lost everything but I got it all back. I was able to get the jfd. Now I gotta try to eliminate the ones I don't want to hear

Status
Not open for further replies.