SDRTrunk Just became new proud owner of a Dual RTL-SDR (v5) P25-II Trunked Scanner Setup

scannerloser

im a loser, baby.
Premium Subscriber
I gotta say, when I saw the price tag of what it might cost to get back in to scanners, I was completely appalled by the idea that I'd be forced to fork over around $700 on average to a select few manufacturers that are able to decode P25-2/II and then I remembered I own SDRs! I picked up some new version 5's for $33 on Amazon and wow, it took maybe 30 mins of setup to be completely up! Good times, and I spent very close to only $100, including my RRDB subscription, which is the best part.. and now I have an extra small rig that I can run on any reasonably quick laptop or even some of the new rpis coming out.

Anyways, happy to be on board with the SDR gang over here - Now, who wants to chat about ENCRY--- [USER HAS BEEN REMOVED]

;)

Peace!
-LOSER

ChrisABQ

Now use that in conjunction with the free Trunking Recorder program (easy setup) and you can listen to everything as it records all calls and then plays them on TR. If you set up a port on your router, you can access it on your phone anywhere in the world. FREE!

Gronner8

could either of you provide details & better, a photo of this setup? hu.or my novice level here, but what is improved/new with v5 over earlier models? way behind here, last readul was v2. Appreciate more info on setups not requiring compiling, or days gathering code from many disparate locations all over not knowing whats old & no longer valid. just dont have patience for that. Windows or android actual programs please!

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
could either of you provide details & better, a photo of this setup? hu.or my novice level here, but what is improved/new with v5 over earlier models? way behind here, last readul was v2. Appreciate more info on setups not requiring compiling, or days gathering code from many disparate locations all over not knowing whats old & no longer valid. just dont have patience for that. Windows or android actual programs please!
Most of what you are asking is in the RR Wiki, it is a great resource for information. Also a search of the forums will return your answers too, those are questions asked and answered many times.