Kennebec county sheriff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thorndike113

Dont know if Kennebec is borrowing the State police's system but for the past few days I have been hearing Augusta dispatching '600' units on group 816 with an ID of 9980821. All the Units come across as that ID. It confused me because I keep hearing different Unit Numbers on the same ID. I am guessing, a Repeat of 159.09mhz. Just a bit ago I heard Augusta call 'Kennebec 621' on Group 816.

ScanMaine

Premium Subscriber
Dont know if Kennebec is borrowing the State police's system but for the past few days I have been hearing Augusta dispatching '600' units on group 816 with an ID of 9980821. All the Units come across as that ID. It confused me because I keep hearing different Unit Numbers on the same ID. I am guessing, a Repeat of 159.09mhz. Just a bit ago I heard Augusta call 'Kennebec 621' on Group 816.

I also cant get my 536 to read unit ID# for some reason yet. i cant find the setting.

Thorndike113

I heard one group or unknown id of 813 today but thats all i have heard.

Did you actually hear anything come across it? I noticed 810-814 was patched at some point with 35144 while I had my computer monitoring the spruce mountain site. The time stamp on it was 11:35am

ScanMaine

Premium Subscriber
Did you actually hear anything come across it? I noticed 810-814 was patched at some point with 35144 while I had my computer monitoring the spruce mountain site. The time stamp on it was 11:35am
Im in Lewiston so I only have Augusta North and South and Spruce. I have been told no to try and listen to other sites and only the close ones. I can get Sugarloaf and others but i dont have them programmed

Thorndike113

It depends on what I listen to as to how well I receive. I am in Thorndike and pick up Spruce Mountain pretty well. Its good for zones 1 and 2. Cook Hill is actually the best for me to listen to. I get excellent signal from it. Coggans hill, Sugarloaf, Eaton Mountain come in as good as spruce. Outside of that, the other towers dont quite put out a good enough signal for me to hear. Garland is like that. Its the only one I can hear that gives me the best signal for zone 3. I dont catch all the ID's and at times the signals get choppy. My stuff is pretty deaf to the north and east of me. I do live in a hole though so im lucky I pick up what I do.

I was looking back over the logs and It looks like radio service was connected to that 816 ID. Makes me think its an easy link for state troopers communicating with KSO.

ScanMaine

Premium Subscriber
It depends on what I listen to as to how well I receive. I am in Thorndike and pick up Spruce Mountain pretty well. Its good for zones 1 and 2. Cook Hill is actually the best for me to listen to. I get excellent signal from it. Coggans hill, Sugarloaf, Eaton Mountain come in as good as spruce. Outside of that, the other towers dont quite put out a good enough signal for me to hear. Garland is like that. Its the only one I can hear that gives me the best signal for zone 3. I dont catch all the ID's and at times the signals get choppy. My stuff is pretty deaf to the north and east of me. I do live in a hole though so im lucky I pick up what I do.

I was looking back over the logs and It looks like radio service was connected to that 816 ID. Makes me think its an easy link for state troopers communicating with KSO.

Nice Nice.I might add a couple other sites in there but if Im correct its all repeating off all the sites and you get what there saying from the closest site to you. Maybe I am wrong. If I am i need more sites!

Thorndike113

Nice Nice.I might add a couple other sites in there but if Im correct its all repeating off all the sites and you get what there saying from the closest site to you. Maybe I am wrong. If I am i need more sites!

You are correct. Thats why others told you to just monitor the closest site to you. There is a map somewhere online that shows a map of the system. I printed it off awhile ago. Whatever you hear on one zone tower youll hear on another transmitting the same zone. The only reason you would listen to a tower farther from you is if you want to hear another zone.

ScanMaine

Premium Subscriber
You are correct. Thats why others told you to just monitor the closest site to you. There is a map somewhere online that shows a map of the system. I printed it off awhile ago. Whatever you hear on one zone tower youll hear on another transmitting the same zone. The only reason you would listen to a tower farther from you is if you want to hear another zone.
Ya i have a map as well somewhere but no luck finiding it

Status
Not open for further replies.