• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Kenwood D1N migration issue

n1oty

Premium Subscriber
I have had legitimate Kenwood software for a few years, including the appropriate .jkefa and .jkefs files. I want to migrate to my new laptop. I went over the migration posts here. I cancelled the D1N .jkefs file on the old laptop, exported the file to a thumb drive and successfully loaded the file to the new laptop. The only problem I am having is that I am unable to drop my .jkefa account key into the LMC software on the new laptop. The new laptop will NOT accept my .jkefa key. I suspect that it was a one-time-use key and I simply need a new .jkefa key.

My question:

Do I have to go through the original Kenwood dealer?? Or can I go through ANY Kenwood dealer for more .jkefa keys, provided I supply my account number, device ID and so forth?? I have purchased radio feature upgrades (.jkefr files) from different Kenwood dealers, but I don't know if the .jkefa is locked to the original dealer I purchased from.

Thanks,
John

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
1 I can send you a new 10 seat key

2 send your current key in to have it increased.

Your call.

jasej

Hi my friends !

I'm in the same situation !

What did I do, seeing that it was difficult to collect the .jkefa account key, nothing,

I stopped activating my KPT300LMC!

Kenwod, it has taken a long time to provide a good solution to that detail with the KPT300LMC !

I did the same thing, I changed to a newer computer and I could only register my D1, D3, D7 Kenwood software!

Greetings my friends

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
@jasej The account key is when you are pushing licenses to NX radios. Has nothing to do with the "D" software
Just a nice to have thing.

1, when you get a JKEFA key, always good practice to save the email and or files to you cloud or thumb drive.
2, make a note of the License Key alphanumeric. You can always increase you SEAT NUMBER through a dealer, and
dealer to KWD.
3, worst case, just ask for a new key with more seats.

I always stock 10 seat keys for this reason. Only had 1 person who wanted a 50 seat key (guessing bad luck with hard drives)

jasej

@jasej The account key is when you are pushing licenses to NX radios. Has nothing to do with the "D" software
Just a nice to have thing.

1, when you get a JKEFA key, always good practice to save the email and or files to you cloud or thumb drive.
2, make a note of the License Key alphanumeric. You can always increase you SEAT NUMBER through a dealer, and
dealer to KWD.
3, worst case, just ask for a new key with more seats.

I always stock 10 seat keys for this reason. Only had 1 person who wanted a 50 seat key (guessing bad luck with hard drives)
Roger that, my friend Evans...

Greetings.