• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Kenwood NXDN channel steering

oli2bo

Hi all,

I managed to program a NX-1700 with NXDN status message channel steering with 2 zones : zone 1 and zone 2.

When in zone 1, it receives a status message, and then switches to zone 2. This works via the External device/ Aux and Remote zone-channel capabilities : one output port gets the output status message, one input port linked to the precedent selects the zone 2.

That works well, but the radio stays with "RMT CTRL" displayed as long as the input stays grounded. As the link between the 2 ports interrupts or as the input state changes, the radio comes back to zone 1.

So I'm searching a way of changing the zone (fom zone 1 to zone 2) via a status message, and staying in this zone definitely when the change is done.

The final aim is to be able to migrate a fleet of mobiles from the actual configuration (analog) to the future configuration (NXDN) in a couple of months, remotely, and without any capability for the end user to go back to zone 1.

Do you have any idea ?

I thank you in advance,

Oli

Last edited:

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
Not really the proper way of handling this for migration. MY OPINION.

touching radios twice would be smoother and less headaches.

oli2bo

Finally It's working quite good. The only thing is that when it goes in "RMT CTRL", it's stuck without any button active (only the ON/OFF is working). So I made this in the other way : radios will be in RMT CTRL mode (I changed the display word), with a minimum volume, and when they are ready, they migrate to the digital zone by sending a Fleetsync status message. At this moment, user will have to reboot the radio, because buttons are again inactive.

So it's not perfect but it saves a lot of time.