• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Kenwood TK-D340E DMR

ct1emj

Does anyone have a codeplug for Kenwood TK-D340E for DMR?
I have build my own programming file or codeplug from scratch, as no one use this type of radio in my Country.
I am not an noob when programming a codeplug from scratch and in this case, I can see that I go thru the hotspot in to Brandmeister, but not receiving audio from any other station if there is a conversation on that TG. Working fine in Analog with good audio and no issues. My request for codeplug is to compare and see where is my fault, as I believe that the problem is in DMR section of the software.
Thanks in advance
CT1EMJ

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
not hard to master, add your group ids to the dmr group list, then go to your channel add that information, and on ptt selcall, choose group
call, and select what group you want that channel to key.
These don't have a rx group list, so you would need to know what talkgroup to switch to if there is chatter coming across the repeater.

ct1emj

Evans, many thanks for your help, is working like a charm. However Dual Slot Direct Mode, needs to be turned off.
In unit ID list, do I have to program all TG´s that I have in Group ID List or just my own ?
Once again appreciate your help.

Attachments

• Channel Edit.jpg
    Channel Edit.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 7

dryfb

If you disable Group ID scan it may be selective on what it unmutes to, and if there's audio control in zone settings you may have to change that to get it to selectively unmute, at least that's how it is for NX radios.

ct1emj

If you disable Group ID scan it may be selective on what it unmutes to, and if there's audio control in zone settings you may have to change that to get it to selectively unmute, at least that's how it is for NX radios.
I am going to test it, as well the tone for ending a qso. I will post results. Many thanks

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
Evans, many thanks for your help, is working like a charm. However Dual Slot Direct Mode, needs to be turned off.
In unit ID list, do I have to program all TG´s that I have in Group ID List or just my own ?
Once again appreciate your help.
IN MY WORDS, I dont use the UNIT ID LIST, as doing private calls on BM, or DMR-MARC networks is frowned upon.

NOW, not saying you put in a users UID, and want to have a Name to it when they talk, have at it.
Group ID; helps to have the TG's you want to talk on or listen to, in this list. Otherwise, not in your list, GID Scan unchecked,
you wont be bothered with other chatter coming of that repeater, or your rPi / hotspot.

Glad your up and running!