Kern County Fire Department, New Battalion 8.

GMC826

Premium Subscriber
The ZTRON goes over the wide area network, basically the county Wi-Fi microwave system. If the stations ZTRON is not working the quick call system is used. You will hear chief’s, safety officers, Air Ops, hand crews, and Cal City get the over the quick call for all of their responses. Every Thursday at 10:00 A.M. or close to it, the quick call is tested for everyone with an all call. I haven’t heard anything about the wildland coordinator.
Thank You

Eng74

Sounds like Kern 6 and Kern 7 are now in use as of June 2nd. I am on the East side of the county so I do not know if the database is accurate, it should be. Probably head over to the west side and check it out Sunday or Monday.

LtDan63

Sounds like Kern 6 and Kern 7 are now in use as of June 2nd. I am on the East side of the county so I do not know if the database is accurate, it should be. Probably head over to the west side and check it out Sunday or Monday.
Mobiles sound great on both channels and tacs, the dispatch side needs some tweaks though.

GMC826

Premium Subscriber
TO ENG 74
Do you know how many crews kcfd has at the present time? I know that 10, 11, and 79 are up but today heard a Crew 12 on a fire near Tehachapi.
Also, I've been seeing (on PulsePoint) the designator "MA-14 & 15" quite often, do you know what those units are?
Thanks,
George

Eng74

TO ENG 74
Do you know how many crews kcfd has at the present time? I know that 10, 11, and 79 are up but today heard a Crew 12 on a fire near Tehachapi.
Also, I've been seeing (on PulsePoint) the designator "MA-14 & 15" quite often, do you know what those units are?
Thanks,
George
Not sure on how many hand crews are running now. Crew 7, which was a hot shot crew has not been funded by the county for several years now. They have just been using the smaller 10 person “fuels” crews. MA 14 and MA 15 are Mercy Air 14, now based out of Ridgecrest Regional Hospital in the East side of the county and a year ago Mercy Air 15 replaced Medivac 1 out of Meadows Field in Bakersfield.

GMC826

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the help.....I'm pretty sure that 11 is at camp 8 (tehachapi), 10 is at Lebec and 79 is at Isabella. A fire a couple days ago is the first mention I've heard of a "Crew 12"
Another first for me was a "Scout 8" heard dispatched a few days ago also.
Thanks again for your help...........George

Eng74

Thanks for the help.....I'm pretty sure that 11 is at camp 8 (tehachapi), 10 is at Lebec and 79 is at Isabella. A fire a couple days ago is the first mention I've heard of a "Crew 12"
Another first for me was a "Scout 8" heard dispatched a few days ago also.
Thanks again for your help...........George
Scout 8

Attachments

• IMG_2180.jpeg
    IMG_2180.jpeg
    161.6 KB · Views: 41

f40ph

Feed Provider
To Eng74 (or anyone who knows) is KRN 3 now used as the regular channel for the Boron area? I thought it used to be KRN 5 but maybe changed now because of the realignment?

Eng74

To Eng74 (or anyone who knows) is KRN 3 now used as the regular channel for the Boron area? I thought it used to be KRN 5 but maybe changed now because of the realignment?
They are still Kern 5. On a side note for Fire Tone Outs, they did not reprogram any of the stations. 83(73) ZTRON is down and they are on quick call and it is still the old 73 tone pair.

GMC826

Premium Subscriber
E74......are these medic units like Squad 6? It looks like a patrol and last I heard is at 65. Medic 15? Is that at 15's or like MA15 the helo at meadows, there is also a MA14 at Ridgecrest Hospital if not mistaken. Are you sure about Squad 63? That station has an engine and patrol last I heard. Thanks George

GMC826

Premium Subscriber
E74..........my mistake, found an article on the web about the rollout of SQ 63 & 15 The Rosamond unit looks like a suburban and not a patrol. It did not show SQ 63. During the short news video it also showed a patrol type vehicle with a 10 on the side. No batallion 10, no station 10 ??? There has been a SQ 6 around town for a few years now and the article said it was for training new medic crews.

Eng74

Squad 6 was for training paramedics and was staffed from time to time during busy times. Not sure what they are responding in. Ihavent heard squad 15 on the air yet, only squad 63, they have been running a lot in Oildale the last two days.

GMC826

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the reply............Yes, I've heard 63 a couple times also, but its designator seems to be ms63 (medic squad I guess). Not sure if it's a suburban type vehicle like 15 or a patrol like 6. HAVE YOU HEARD ANYTHING ABOUT THE PATROL TYPE VEHICLE WITH A LARGE #10 ON THE SIDE? (and it's not the city patrol 10, it has the same white/blue paint scheme as kcfd)

GMC826

Premium Subscriber
another self answered question: MS63 is also a chev suburban like 15.

Has anyone seen a KCFD patrol type vehicle with a large 10 on the side? (it was in a news video about the new MS units)

GMC826

Premium Subscriber
Should have read today's newspaper yesterday.....new article says that the chev suburban squads are temporary and that new Ford squads are being built.
STILL NO SIGHTINGS OF THE PATROL 10, THIS ONE I SAW A PICTURE OF IN A NEWS VIDEO???

Eng74

Thanks for the reply............Yes, I've heard 63 a couple times also, but its designator seems to be ms63 (medic squad I guess). Not sure if it's a suburban type vehicle like 15 or a patrol like 6. HAVE YOU HEARD ANYTHING ABOUT THE PATROL TYPE VEHICLE WITH A LARGE #10 ON THE SIDE? (and it's not the city patrol 10, it has the same white/blue paint scheme as kcfd)
It might be the crew boss truck row Crew 10 out of Tehachapi. Is there a pump in the back?