ProScan: Key retrieval question

K2hps

Premium Subscriber
I am trying to reinstall my registered copy of proscan 20.7 i lost my key support@proscan.org the correct contact to obtain it. as a fool i didnt write it down nor can i find the email i got when i registered it. Any help is appreciated

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
I am trying to reinstall my registered copy of proscan 20.7 i lost my key support@proscan.org the correct contact to obtain it. as a fool i didnt write it down nor can i find the email i got when i registered it. Any help is appreciated
-
support@proscan.org is the correct email.

From the ProScan website:
  • Lost keys are sent at no charge. Key Request must be done via email.

K2hps

Premium Subscriber
I have an issue I deleted my proscan software and I accidentally deleted my registration key is there away I can get the key again emailed to Me. I know I'm dumb and should have printed the email but I didn't please help

is there away I can get the key again emailed to Me. I
Just e-mail @ProScan and make the request.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I have an issue I deleted my proscan software and I accidentally deleted my registration key is there away I can get the key again emailed to Me. I know I'm dumb and should have printed the email but I didn't please help
Didn't you see the reply yesterday regarding this very same licensing issues? Lost keys are usually sent out the very same day when initially received via email.

K2hps

Premium Subscriber
Didn't you see the reply yesterday regarding this very same licensing issues? Lost keys are usually sent out the very same day when initially received via email.
No I didn't I'm so sorry

n5ims

I seem to remember one company that had a firm policy of never sending a replacement key. After many posts complaining about this policy they finally put one in place that was something like this. A new key is $50.00 US. A replacement key is $75.00 US (to cover the costs for researching your old key, etc.) and either your old key will be sent (if located) or a new key will be sent (if old key couldn't be located with certainty). This replacement key service is a one time only deal, if you lose it again you'll need to purchase a new key regardless of why you lost your old key.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
I seem to remember one company that had a firm policy of never sending a replacement key. After many posts complaining about this policy they finally put one in place that was something like this. A new key is $50.00 US. A replacement key is $75.00 US (to cover the costs for researching your old key, etc.) and either your old key will be sent (if located) or a new key will be sent (if old key couldn't be located with certainty). This replacement key service is a one time only deal, if you lose it again you'll need to purchase a new key regardless of why you lost your old key.
-
Which software had that policy?

eaf1956

Feed Provider
With a new key cheaper than a replacement why would anyone do that. I think I'd find a better software company.

n5ims

-
Which software had that policy?

Sorry, I don't remember which one that was.

With a new key cheaper than a replacement why would anyone do that. I think I'd find a better software company.

The replacement being more expensive than a new key was the point. If a customer complains about the "no replacement keys" policy that was clearly stated when they purchased their key and was also clearly stated on their website but they insisted on pressing for a replacement key than they should pay for the effort it takes to research the company records for their original key. It is also an incentive to have them follow the instructions to keep their key information in a safe place so they can use it to reactivate the software when they have a computer or disk failure or upgrade their hardware.

eaf1956

Feed Provider
Sorry, I don't remember which one that was.

The replacement being more expensive than a new key was the point. If a customer complains about the "no replacement keys" policy that was clearly stated when they purchased their key and was also clearly stated on their website but they insisted on pressing for a replacement key than they should pay for the effort it takes to research the company records for their original key. It is also an incentive to have them follow the instructions to keep their key information in a safe place so they can use it to reactivate the software when they have a computer or disk failure or upgrade their hardware.
Stilll if you really need the software save money and buy a new key.