King County Frequency Changes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

carddude99

When TV goes Digital to make room for more frequencies, will this impact King County? I have a Uniden bc898t and wonder about the 700 band. Is my scanner going to be obsolete in 09? Any help is appreciated.

Daniel

im800mhz

Nothing changes in King County due to DTV. You can expect a new system rollout to begin in the next couple of years.

carddude99

but you can listen to tv

I know you are being funny but actually the 700 band is where analog tv signals are heard isn't it? Also this new systen that is rolling out in a few years, what will it be? How long before motorola type 2 becomes dead in king county?

im800mhz

King County has hired a Project Manager to update the current governance, and another PM to start looking at replacing (forklift upgrade) the current system.

carddude99

follow up

What are they looking at changing it to and about what do you think the time frame is. Thanks again for all your help!!!

Daniel

carddude99

reply to question with re worded question

Is the Motorola Type 2 system going to change in King County for their trunked systems. If it is going to change, when? If it does change what will the changes be?

How about that? Is this clearer? Sorry about my bad grammer. I was never well in English class growing up. LOL

thanks
Dan

AtomicTaco

carddude99 said:
Is the Motorola Type 2 system going to change in King County for their trunked systems?
Probably
carddude99 said:
If it is going to change, when?
See next question
carddude99 said:
If it does change what will the changes be?
That's in the works now. As far as I've heard, they haven't decided on anything official yet. But it'll probably be digital.

im800mhz

During rebanding you will see the use of the shuffled band plan to eliminate hacked radios.

The RCB is currenly exploring all possibilites, but you can almost count on the system being put in as at least Phase 1 P25, if not Phase 2. Phase 2 would make migration much easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.