King william / hanover

Status
Not open for further replies.

Herodog

Here some more info on new tower at courthouse that I hope they pass, we need it bad in king william / aylett area and upper end of the county hanover system is so weak in the county we need a tower badly go towww. Tidewater review.com the story about the tower is there hope this helps I tryed to put the link to the story but it did not work

CPerk

Here some more info on new tower at courthouse that I hope they pass, we need it bad in king william / aylett area and upper end of the county hanover system is so weak in the county we need a tower badly go towww. Tidewater review.com the story about the tower is there hope this helps I tryed to put the link to the story but it did not work

Agreed, I live near central garage and the signal is very weak as he covered and AYLETT area we are struggling to hear anything it's very spotty and at times it's nothing so weak and if they add on to the VSP tower would that help the signal in Aylett area? Or what do we need to do or what ?

Herodog

King william/hanover

I think if they pass the tower at the court house it should do the trick so.we can hear king william because the stars tower at rumford ,the state shed ect is a p25 system like hanover and that 1 tower as you no covers the whole county and more ect I think it will work . Hanover towers are phased to most of there single goes back into the county fo the 18 tower system was put in for so they could hear in buildings ,houses, ect, and I think they have their repters power at 40 wats low power so I was told . If king william puts the two tower at court house.and on stae police tower inear west point and run a full power like the the stars tower does it will.work I hope . We need to hope they.pass.this.tower at courthouse if not no tower will.be put in the county hope this helps

CPerk

I think if they pass the tower at the court house it should do the trick so.we can hear king william because the stars tower at rumford ,the state shed ect is a p25 system like hanover and that 1 tower as you no covers the whole county and more ect I think it will work . Hanover towers are phased to most of there single goes back into the county fo the 18 tower system was put in for so they could hear in buildings ,houses, ect, and I think they have their repters power at 40 wats low power so I was told . If king william puts the two tower at court house.and on stae police tower inear west point and run a full power like the the stars tower does it will.work I hope . We need to hope they.pass.this.tower at courthouse if not no tower will.be put in the county hope this helps

Exactly true! But we will see , but I've notice they only care about the user end which means if signal is good on their end they not worried about our end . But I work doswell area and Hanover comes in good since tower is there and once I get to 301 and 30 signal is gone and faded bad but I hope they can fix that issue here in Aylett , I miss listing to king William . SIRS and STARS and analog fire gets old after while big time . And your right that tower rumford does a good job for STARS I hear everything perfect!!

CPerk

And this is the VSP rumford tower site . Hope King William choses this and hope the signal improves . I went out to see how far that is from my house its about 4 miles and i taken the photo just for reference .

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 318

nfc2014

Premium Subscriber
Nice to see some conversation about King William/Hanover.I feel for you listeners King William.I live in Mechanicsviile and I can recieve your county loud and clear.Towers in your county should solve this issue.I have a question.I need the frequencies for the STARS tower near West Point.I could not find them in database.Also talked to New Kent deputies in West Point and they said their county plans to join James City/York/Gloucester system.As most of us know all Law Enforcement channels on that system are encrypted.What will New Kent do?

CPerk

I hope towers would fix this issue and all but when I'm in mechanicsville when I work i struggle some to hear Hanover but most part it's clear perfect . Hopefully a tower will fix this issue . When I'm at work in doswell I hear Hanover fine too but can't hear VSP and for the frequencies for vsp I been using rumford tower and new kent good question there I've bern asking lot my new kent dep friends and they just ready for good system . I hear their analog clear at times but sad to hear Caroline gone to phase II I wish they went to phase I but oh well .

nfc2014

Premium Subscriber
I was hoping Caroline would join Hanover/King King William.Looks like they want to go in their own directionThey share the Pamunkey Regional Jail with Hanover/Ashland

CPerk

Very true on that there. And is there any trick about Hanover system ? Or do we have wait for them put tower out here and see if it improves . And wouldn't you think kings dominion would join the system of Hanover too but there no way in budget for a new radio system even tho they need another bad soon soon.

BushDoctor

In my opinion you cannot compare the Stars system to the Hanover system in coverage. The first difference is Hanover (800Mhz is up 2 bands from Stars 152-160Mhz. Even with higher towers and higher gain antennas high band will cover better then 800 unless the towers are a lot higher and higher gain antennas then at some point u start losing power in the antenna feed lines.When i started working on 2 way radios in the early 50s we had one band low band and usually one tower. We thought the taxi cabs on hi band were in the microwave zone. Never in our wildest dreams did we ever envision mobile radio systems operating at 800MHz. As you can see companies operating in this region who are serious about coverage have towers every 3 to 4 miles apart something i dont see counties doing. i think more real life tech input needs to be explored. It seems like the counties now have lots more tax money available to waste on hit and miss systems. What we wouldnt have given for maybe a 2 tower system covering a county back then now they have 15 in some places and looking for more.

nfc2014

Premium Subscriber
CPerk as you stated in an earlier post there are some bad areas within Hanover that my Uniden 396T has difficulty decoding.I live within sight of a Hanover tower on Shady Grove Rd and I get distorted signals.I believe I read in an earlier post that is called multipath distortion.What kind of scanner are you trying to monitor Hanover with.Someday maybe all of us who monitor the metro area can set a lunch meeting to discuss monitoring the area.I think a restaurant in Mechanicsville area would be a good place.Maybe hobbyist in Henrico/Richmond/Chesterfield would like to join the discussion.

CPerk

Very true there , just hope something is and will be done with my area where I live. It's very odd we don't have a tower yet out here and I'm using a pro 106 radioshack scanner .

Status
Not open for further replies.