Kyle Texas scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Proktusa

Was reading through older posts(think 2017)and was wondering if the SDS 100 or sds200 we're the the best scanners for around Hays county. Mostly for PD.EMS.FIRE

CHHTX

Sanscanman

N5WRF
Premium Subscriber
Hays uses both the LCRA P25 sites and the LCRA Open Sky Sites. San Marcos PD and Hays SO use the Open Sky systems and occasionally Patch to the P25 system. All Fire and EMS Ops in the County appear to be on the P25 side of things. No Commercial end-user product will let you monitor the Open Sky side of things. An SDS in either flavor will be fine for monitoring LCRA Comms and will give you future protection should they ever decide to start employing LSM sites if that is your main concern. If you're just looking for a capable scanner to monitor LCRA without all the bells and whistles, then you might also consider the BCD325P2/996P2, Home Patrol 2, BCD 436/536HP, or even a Whistler TRX-1. All are very fine scanners and are capable of P25 Phase 2 decoding. If your going to be doing a home monitoring station you might also take a look at SDR (Software Defined Radio) options as well.

Proktusa

I did get a Home Patrol 2,(sorry for the late response).there is quite alot of chatter from caldwell county and hays county. Thanks for all the help.Hope everyone had a good holiday.

rattlerbb01

TX/LA Database Admin
Database Admin
I did get a Home Patrol 2,(sorry for the late response).there is quite alot of chatter from caldwell county and hays county. Thanks for all the help.Hope everyone had a good holiday.
I think as of this day, almost all Hays County has moved to full time P25, but if they were using OpenSky in any capacity, you’d never be able to tell unless there is an absence of traffic, open or encrypted, for them on P25. San Marcos PD and I think TSU PD are fully encrypted, but everything else is just Phase 1 and 2 digital.

NC5267

Premium Subscriber
Yeah San Marcos PD is fully encrypted and TSU PD was phase 2 in the clear last time I was up there. About a month ago. May have changed

Status
Not open for further replies.