• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

LA Repeater Jamming

Status
Not open for further replies.

FLMedia

Wonderful!! I setup a new repeater on Saddle Peak in the Los Angeles area and only lasted about 1 week before some jackass decided to start jamming it because he thinks the frequency belongs to only him...
462.575 PL 74.4 has an amazing coverage from Ventura county almost all of LA county and all the way down the coast to Orange county. But it is useless now since this guy is jamming it.

prcguy

Your only getting jammed? Wait awhile, if they are serious they will break in and steal the repeater or shoot up the rack. Consider yourself lucky so far!

Wonderful!! I setup a new repeater on Saddle Peak in the Los Angeles area and only lasted about 1 week before some jackass decided to start jamming it because he thinks the frequency belongs to only him...
462.575 PL 74.4 has an amazing coverage from Ventura county almost all of LA county and all the way down the coast to Orange county. But it is useless now since this guy is jamming it.

marcotor

I ♥ÆS Ø
Feed Provider
And you are... surprised? Repeater wars have been going on for 20 years on GMRS in SoCal. All about the repeater owners swinging their dicks so they can say everyone is using theirs. It's silly, juvenile, stupid, et. al. But, with an average maturity level of an 8th grader, what can you expect from most of the GMRS community? Scatology, political rants, the endless Lidnet, "Emergency Service" Whackers galore, music, monologues, etc. are all part of life on the airwaves here.

Last edited:

prcguy

Yes, you would be denying someone a meal from the sale of your stolen repeater equipment and people in Kalifornia would march around your house with signs chanting. You would be arrested for interfering with someone's human rights. They might kill you and the death penalty is not enforced so they would be housed and fed for maybe 5yrs then let out.

I'm surprised Kalifornia doesn't give all inmates a GMRS license, a radio and a list of repeater frequencies and tones so they can be rehabilitated and return to society with some new skills, like jamming. It is a viable pass time for many here.

I wouldn't defend myself or my property in California. The DAs would frown upon your interfering with illegal commerce.

Osprey1163

Premium Subscriber
And you are... surprised? Repeater wars have been going on for 20 years on GMRS in SoCal. All about the repeater owners swinging their dicks so they can say everyone is using theirs. It's silly, juvenile, stupid, et. al. But, with an average maturity level of an 8th grader, what can you expect from most of the GMRS community? Scatology, political rants, the endless Lidnet, "Emergency Service" Whackers galore, music, monologues, etc. are all part of life on the airwaves here.
A non-Ham friend asked me if political and religious discussions get heated on the local repeaters. I looked at him and said "We generally don't talk about religion or politics on the radio. Its not that we can't, it's not what people do ham radio for. I find it very refreshing" He still doesn't totally believe me.

PrivatelyJeff

Has more money than sense
Premium Subscriber
A non-Ham friend asked me if political and religious discussions get heated on the local repeaters. I looked at him and said "We generally don't talk about religion or politics on the radio. Its not that we can't, it's not what people do ham radio for. I find it very refreshing" He still doesn't totally believe me.

Yep. On ours, anytime someone makes even the slightest political comment, the reply is “ok?” In that tone that says “why are you saying that?”.

MTS2000des

5B2_BEE00 Czar
Yes, you would be denying someone a meal from the sale of your stolen repeater equipment and people in Kalifornia would march around your house with signs chanting. You would be arrested for interfering with someone's human rights. They might kill you and the death penalty is not enforced so they would be housed and fed for maybe 5yrs then let out.
I am so glad I live in a state where an ADA or DA would charge the thief with felonies for burglary, interference with public administration (in case of disrupting or risk of disruption to public safety communications), and stack em, pack em and rack em- get a couple good prison time "pound you in the a$$ prison" convictions.
Must really suck to be in a consequence free environment where offenders can do as they please and the victims become the problem. Wow.

mcjones2013

Radio Communications Enthusiast
Premium Subscriber
By jamming, I'm assuming you mean they are using the correct input tone to open and hog the repeater? I know it's super easy to figure out, but what about changing the input tone? CTCSS out, DCS in?

PLMedia:
Help me out here, what is the input freq. I thought (?) that was a simplex only. I could be corrected.
So anyway, I live in Ventura Co.
And would like the input freq. to monitor.
Sorry for the moron that spoiled your fun.
I monitor FRS/GMRS and don't use
them.
Any info is great.

DW
So. Cal😎

prcguy

GMRS repeater input frequencies are 5MHz higher than the output, so a 462.575 repeater input would be 467.575.

PLMedia:
Help me out here, what is the input freq. I thought (?) that was a simplex only. I could be corrected.
So anyway, I live in Ventura Co.
And would like the input freq. to monitor.
Sorry for the moron that spoiled your fun.
I monitor FRS/GMRS and don't use
them.
Any info is great.

DW
So. Cal😎

Status
Not open for further replies.