LaGrange Ohio Police

KC4YIN

Premium Subscriber
My daughter in law lives in LaGrange Ohio and is interested in getting a scanner. Having searched the database and other posts extensively I'm not finding any currently used frequencies for LaGrange police specifically. I'm in North Carolina and am wanting to program a scanner for her. Can anyone help?
Thanks.

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
From another thread:
1704727413893.png

Ops are P25 conventional so any scanner listed here should work to bring them in assuming the info from 2021 is still accurate

154.875153.980KQB217RM293 NACLCSO DISPLorain Co Sheriff DispatchP25Law Dispatch
155.415153.860KDF567RM345 NACLCLAW DISPLorain Co Police Dispatch (including Avon PD, Avon Lake PD, Sheffield Lake PD)P25Law Dispatch

Last edited:

engine183

Premium Subscriber
Not sure I can help much, but you might want to read through the post in the "Ohio Radio Discussion Forum". There are a few "issues" with the Emergency Services radio system in the northern Ohio area. Some locations don't see the need, do not have the money or have several other reasons not to switch.
Another thread to consider is anything with the Ohio MARCS-IP system. This is designed to be a state-wide system, but some areas of the state have NOT jumped on the MARCS train!

N8IAA

My daughter in law lives in LaGrange Ohio and is interested in getting a scanner. Having searched the database and other posts extensively I'm not finding any currently used frequencies for LaGrange police specifically. I'm in North Carolina and am wanting to program a scanner for her. Can anyone help?
Thanks.
An inexpensive P-25 trunk tracking scanner is all that is needed.
LaGrange is most likely covered by the county PD/Sheriff's department.
For FD/EMS the 5 county trunk system would work. For PD/SO, the MARCS system will provide for that. The conventional P-25 will also be covered by the same scanner.
A Whistler 1040 will handle all of what I posted.
Don't be fooled into any scanner that isn't needed. I.E. the SDS100/200 scanners.
I've been scanning for over 50 years. 29 of those years in N. Ohio.
Please don't be misled!
Make sure that she gets someone to program the scanner.

KB8VJU

Premium Subscriber
For FD/EMS the 5 county trunk system would work. For PD/SO, the MARCS system will provide for that. The conventional P-25 will also be covered by the same scanner.
Don't be fooled into any scanner that isn't needed. I.E. the SDS100/200 scanners.
Please don't be misled!
They’re dispatched by the sheriff on 154.875 P25 and their units are the 380-series.

wd8chl

Please don't be misled!

There is no such thing as "5-county" trunk system. There is the highly controversial "5-city" system put in by CleComm/Harris. It is Phase II simulcast. It will not cover Lagrange, as the closest site is on the county tower at the 911 center next to LCCC in Elyria.
LaGrange is dispatched by LCSO, but I'm fairly sure they are using the Metroparks VHF repeater, as I said in a previous thread, and was reposted above. That or the LCSO VHF freq are the most likely places to listen. Ignore the 155.415 freq. That's only used in the extreme NE corner of the county, and only by I think Sheffield Lake and Avon Lake.
But yes, any P25 capable scanner should work for her.

KC4YIN

Premium Subscriber
Thanks to all that responded.
I'm sending her a GRE PSR 500 that I don't use anymore since we are going P25 Phase 2 down here.
I have done a web import from RR here and all looks good. I'm also sending her a programming cable and will be able to log into her computer remotely and do any updates if necessary from here.
I too have been scanning for some fifty odd years and it's still one of the best hobbies around.

Also special thanks to KB8VJU for verifying LaGRANGE P.D. on 154.875 P25.
Everybody stay warm up there.

N8IAA

There is no such thing as "5-county" trunk system. There is the highly controversial "5-city" system put in by CleComm/Harris. It is Phase II simulcast. It will not cover Lagrange, as the closest site is on the county tower at the 911 center next to LCCC in Elyria.
So sorry I mistyped. You've never made a mistake???