Lancaster County EMS Dispatch

Status
Not open for further replies.

garys

Premium Subscriber
Is 154.02500 a simulcast of the dispatch TG on the Palmetto 800 trunk system? I've been hearing dispatch on that frequency with a PL of 156.7. The addresses I've copied match up with addresses in Indian Land and other parts of the county.

Is TG 45101 the correct TG for EMS/Fire dispatch?

RadioSc

Doesn't play well with others
154.02500 is a Conventional Analog channel (VHF) in the county of Lancaster SC. Its not a Simulcast to the Palmetto 800. The Palmetto 800 only uses frequencies starting at 700Mhz up to 870mhz. And uses these frequencies as a control channel and talk channels. the traffic you hear on that low band frequency 154.02500 is a Analog channel. Which can only be heard in your local area. That is dedicated to just fire and ems for Lancaster.

And yes your right TG 45101 is the talk group for fire and ems on the P 800

Last edited:

garys

Premium Subscriber
Trunked Talk Groups and conventional frequencies are simulcast and/or cross patched fairly often. I know of several agencies in my area that do that on both analog and P25 trunked systems. There are a variety of ways to do it, but it's not all the difficult.

In the case of Lancaster County, it appears that there are two different dispatch points, one for fire and one for EMS. When it's an EMS dispatch, I hear it on both the TG and on 154.025. Rarely I will hear a unit reply to dispatch on the VHF frequency, but generally that doesn't happen. The call is dispatched and the responding units are given an Ops channel to work on.

Today, the FD dispatcher was a male and the EMS dispatcher was a female. They may have been in the same facility, but it seems that the EMS dispatch is simulcast on VHF.

Bill28227

Since Lancaster County has some volunteer paramedics and firefighters, this is an easy and cheap way for them to be called to an incident.

garys

Premium Subscriber
That makes a lot of sense. Much cheaper to buy a radio or scanner than something that can receive a P25 trunk. The it seems to be set up is only EMS calls are broadcast on the VHF channel.

Since Lancaster County has some volunteer paramedics and firefighters, this is an easy and cheap way for them to be called to an incident.

Status
Not open for further replies.