Lansing Fire Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
LFD gets their portable radios today to start charging. Rig installs start tomorrow, tone dispatch changeover on Thursday (when calls will start being simulcast.) Fully operational on Friday.

- Rob

rdale

Premium Subscriber
I'm going to doubt it since it appears all FIRE MAIN transmissions are simulcast on 460.6

rdale

Premium Subscriber
Haven't heard any LFD tones on 460.600 so it looks like that'll stay clear as expected.

Announcement just made confirming the 10am switchover.

- Rob

rdale

Premium Subscriber
No - it means they already left it ;> All transmissions on MPSCS stopped yesterday morning, and the database page has been updated.

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
No simulcast to MPSCS at all? That sounds strange to me, reverse the interoptability?

rdale

Premium Subscriber
The interop is still there - they have plenty of hard and soft patches from the new system to MPSCS. But since nobody other than LFD ever utilized LFD channels on MPSCS, there was no need to keep that around.

Thunderbolt

Global Database Administrator
I wonder if the LFD MPSCS talkgroups will be reissued as the new patch talkgroups between statewide and Ingham County systems?

73's

Ron

rdale

Premium Subscriber
I would doubt it - since they already are programmed into the radios I imagine they already have to be set up. And my W7 still associates with 33LFD1 (-5) when I turn it on.

rdale

Premium Subscriber
Yes, I put the new radio online Saturday evening so it was dead for a little over a day but all fine now.

rdale

Premium Subscriber
Took a while for MPSCS to okay, then we got approval from LFD. At first they gave us dispatch only, but I complained up the wazoo to get firegrounds. Then they added firegrounds (2-3) but didn't add 4 - and the day they added FG's the had an incident on Ch4! It was just a coincidence, so I made calls again and got them to add 4 (and they added 5 while at it.)

Now I'm working with Livingston Co to see if we can get it reprogrammed for them - otherwise it's just a doorstop for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.