Lansing, IL PD has been silent

Opossum214

Premium Subscriber
Lansing PD has been silent for the past couple of days on the conventional channel of 155.610 which they have used for a very long time. Does anyone know if they switched to a new system or what has changed?

Opossum214

Premium Subscriber

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
From the Database:

Lansing​

- The emission code for the 860.7375 repeater has been changed to P25 - now a voice repeater? (5/22)
- The 155.610 Lansing PD repeater is also now licensed for P25.

Will have to change your programming Audio Type to Digital.

kevino

Database Administrator
Database Admin
From the article:

"According to LPD Supervisor of Communications and Records Brian Weis, Lansing and Calumet City are the only two municipalities in the area that have not already converted their systems to digital."

Any word on whether or not Calumet City PD is still dispatched on their legacy 800 MHz analog repeater?

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
From the article:

"According to LPD Supervisor of Communications and Records Brian Weis, Lansing and Calumet City are the only two municipalities in the area that have not already converted their systems to digital."

Any word on whether or not Calumet City PD is still dispatched on their legacy 800 MHz analog repeater?

Might have to make a trip to Gayetys to find out :unsure: .

ILjim

Premium Subscriber
Has anyone ever found the TG that's (reportedly) used by Lansing PD? The DB shows them using SC21 (Cook County Sheriff's node?). I went through Calumet City and Dolton last weekend and didn't hear or receive anything on either VHF or 800 MHz.

thepakrat

Has anyone ever found the TG that's (reportedly) used by Lansing PD? The DB shows them using SC21 (Cook County Sheriff's node?). I went through Calumet City and Dolton last weekend and didn't hear or receive anything on either VHF or 800 MHz.
Cal city is still using 800 mhz. I would like to know the TG for lansing if anyone knows it

ILjim

Premium Subscriber
Cal city is still using 800 mhz. I would like to know the TG for lansing if anyone knows it
Yes, Calumet City PD is indeed still using analog 800 MHz and was fairly active when I was there. I was referring to the frequencies that are licensed for Lansing. Even if we do find their TG, it's ENC as the attached articles state would happen.