LAPD Code Red on the frequency

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjlandry6a

I was listening to LAPD Citywide and someone got on and called a "Code Red on the Frequency". At that point, it became really quiet. After that, the only talk, besides random regular calls, was of a meet up.

I searched the forum and did not come up with anything.

Thanks for your help.

maximusmouse

Code Red

A code red is usually a term used by LAPD, usually by Metro, ( SWAT, K-9 etc..) when they are entering a location or engaging a suspect/s or some other dynamic situation. The purpose is to keep the channel clear for emergency traffic only. If it was heard on something other than metro freqs, it may have been a drill or other scenario.

Hope that helps.

SCPD

QRT
A code red is usually a term used by LAPD, usually by Metro, ( SWAT, K-9 etc..) when they are entering a location or engaging a suspect/s or some other dynamic situation. The purpose is to keep the channel clear for emergency traffic only. If it was heard on something other than metro freqs, it may have been a drill or other scenario.

Hope that helps.

Basically a 10-3.

mikegilbert

MHz so good
Harry Marnell is an LAPD communications guru.

Agreed. Between his page and RR, I've really streamlined my LAPD monitoring.

The APX6000/7000 give you 30 channels in a scanlist, so I was scanning all divisions at once. After looking at the division map, I've changed my scan groups to monitor each division individually with the ASD-TAC, K9/Hotshot and Citywide channels thrown in each zone.

It's so refreshing to listen to straightforward non-trunked P25 again.

14800133338_049ed65219_c.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.