Larimer County Wildland

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
West of Hwy-287 near the Wyoming boarder deputy initially estimated it as about 5 acres, now Air Attack up on A/G 172.325 reporting fire is "pretty big" but accessable by ground resources. 168.650, 169.175 also active. SEAT 433 coming from Craig. T44 committed to the Perry Park fire in Douglas County.

Jim<

abqscan

DataBase Administrator
Their Air-to-Air freqs are 127.325 and 126.025.:p

M

mpg0515

Larimer U/D?

Anybody else hearing anything on this fire? I can hear the SEAT(s) once in a while on A/G 172.325, but other than that, I am to far away. Fort Collins dispatch (Forest Service) is sure calling Ocean-3 a lot, sounds like they are setting up some crews for tommorow.... And as usual there has been really no report of this fire on the news.... hopefully there will be some coverage on the 10pm news.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Larimer County Emergency Services responded to a smoke report in an area north of Fort Collins approximately 5 miles west of Hwy 287 and Weaver Ranch Road around 3:30 P.M. today.

At this time, the Larimer County Brush Crew, Livermore Fire Department, Colorado State Forest Service, and the US Forest Service are on scene and have determined the fire to be between 6 - 8 acres. Two SEAT planes and one helicopter are assisting the fire crews. No structures are threatened and the fire is 10% contained. The fire is in rocky terrain with Ponderosa Pine and Juniper fueling the fire. The cause of the fire is unknown.

Resources will remain overnight and a Type 1 crew will be on the fire tomorrow.

M

mpg0515

New Larimer wildland 6/19

Jim,

Any idea where the wildland is at today? I have not been hearing much. I did hear Fort Collins dispatch (USFS) say that "Tanker 180 will not be returning tonight." Sounds like wherever it is at, there are windy conditions. I could not hear 9Sam17 at all though so guessing somewhere in a remote part of the county.

M

mpg0515

mpg0515 said:
Jim,

Any idea where the wildland is at today? I have not been hearing much. I did hear Fort Collins dispatch (USFS) say that "Tanker 180 will not be returning tonight." Sounds like wherever it is at, there are windy conditions. I could not hear 9Sam17 at all though so guessing somewhere in a remote part of the county.

Sounds like I am hearing somewhere near Halligan? About 10 acres, should be fully contained by sundown. \\

Also, there is a ton of smog/smoke that is coming down here from the fire in Southwest Wyoming. I don't have any details on that one but it sure is visible along the foothills.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
mpg0515 said:
Sounds like I am hearing somewhere near Halligan? About 10 acres, should be fully contained by sundown. \\

Also, there is a ton of smog/smoke that is coming down here from the fire in Southwest Wyoming. I don't have any details on that one but it sure is visible along the foothills.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

NAME OF FIRE: Halligan Reservoir Fire

LOCATION OF FIRE: Near Virginia Dale

DATE AND TIME STARTED: June 19, 2006 at approximately 3:00 P.M.

ORIGIN / CAUSE: Believed to be lightning

APROXIMATE SIZE: 50 acres

TYPE OF FUEL: grass and some timber

AGENCIES INVOLVED: Larimer County Sheriff's Office Emergency Services, United States Forest Service and Forest Service Hotshots, Warm Springs Hotshots from Oregon and other local agencies, approximately 35 people.

EQUIPMENT: SEAT and helicopter

STRUCTURES THREATENED/DAMAGED: None

INJURIES: None

ESTIMATED CONTAINMENT:100% at 6:00 A.M. June 20, 2006

CONTROL: Expected today

Also a much larger fire today nears Woods Landing, WY you will probably be seeing smoke from that.

Jim<

M

mpg0515

Thanks Jim. The website "news releases" are never updated when I check it so it must take them a while to get that info on there

Status
Not open for further replies.