Law Enforcement Abbreviations (Linn County)

far342

I've been scanning local law enforcement in the west Linn County area for a while now and I want to list down and ask about some abbreviations that they use. One in particular I keep hearing but am unsure of is "JC" My best guess is that this Juvenile Center but I'm not so sure. (They refer to it as a location, IE "Enroute to the JC")

As for some of the ones I've figured out so far they go as follows:
AGH - Albany General Hospital
LCH - Lebanon Community Hospital
APD - Albany Police Department
LPD - Lebanon Police Department
LCSO - Linn County Sheriff's Office
BCSO - Benton County Sheriff's Office
MCSO - Marion County Sheriff's Office
OSP - Oregon State Police
UTL - Unable to Locate (?)
DL - Driver's License (ODL for Oregon, CDL for California, etc.)

At first I thought JC maybe was referring to the Jail but that doesn't really make sense and I've heard them refer to the Jail without any abbreviation before.

kf8yk

My best guess is that this Juvenile Center but I'm not so sure. (They refer to it as a location, IE "Enroute to the JC")

Does 'Justice Court' make more sense? Considering the Justice Court handles traffic & misdemeanor criminal cases it would be a frequent destination for law enforcement.

far342

Does 'Justice Court' make more sense? Considering the Justice Court handles traffic & misdemeanor criminal cases it would be a frequent destination for law enforcement.
Yes that makes a lot more sense. I'll try and listen more on how they refer to it to see if I can get any sort of confirmation. Thank you.

Bowlieweekender

Encryption is Easy - Key Management is Hard
Premium Subscriber
Took me ages to learn what my local law enforcement meant when they'd say SBC. Then finally one cop told dispatch "Settled By Contact'.