Lawrence County Dispatch

Status
Not open for further replies.

sadubic

Does Lawrence county utilize a VHF paging channel or is everything over the P25 system? Listed channels for Fire/EMS dispatch don't have any traffic on them. Wasn't sure if maybe there was another VHF they were using.

AlGalm

Premium Subscriber
I have the same question, I would imagine like most counties that are now digital trunking they simulcast paging/dispatch to a conventional analog channel so less expensive pagers could be used. I'll keep digging but any information would be greatly appreciated.

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
When the county upgraded their system to trunking, the specs called for a conventional VHF paging, so search around on their licensed VHF frequencies if the ones in the database are not carrying traffic. Also, program the ones in the database without any CTCSS/DCS. They might have changed or removed the subaudible tone on the new paging.

Specs:

The goal of this project is to implement recommendations identified in a recent communications assessment. The project includes several key components. Vendors may respond to all or some of the following components. Vendors offering turnkey solutions should respond to all components.
  • Construction of a countywide radio system that will include:
    • VHF P25 trunking network that will support first responders within Lawrence County
    • Construction of a countywide VHF simulcast tone and voice paging system
    • P25 consoles
    • Conventional interoperability radio overlay
  • Construction of a microwave network that will provide radio system backhaul for P25 traffic at each site
  • Purchase of P25 Phase I subscriber units
  • Site construction/improvements

Status
Not open for further replies.