LCD light

Status
Not open for further replies.

tbags

hey GRE 800 people...how do ya set the back light to come ON for all objects when they are receiving transmissions only??? I can't seem to figure out ANY of the LMode settings

Lew

Back light

I read page 65 and 79 and and still can't figure out how to get the back light to come on only when recieving a transmission.

lew

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
Sorry Lew, I botched that up thinking about the "LED" light pattern earlier today until I read your reply. What you want is not available, only ON, Key press, Normal, Ignore, or Stealth. The light on when the squelch is opened is only available on the Uniden models.

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
LED light

Back lighting is not unique to the Uniden radios. I have a Pro-106 and a PSR-800. Both have the ability to control back lighting on only when receiving, even to choosing display and keyboard or display only. The LED can also be controlled to flash, glow steady while receiving, or latch to show activity while you are away from the radio. I know the PSR-800 settings have been covered in the forum, and I imagine the Pro-106 had this question when it came out. My experience,especially with the PSR-800, is that both are easier to set up in the software than from the keyboard.

Lew

Back light

jaspence,

If you know to do it on the PSR 800 --please post directiona as yo how it's done.

Lew

rwier

jaspence,

If you know to do it on the PSR 800 --please post directiona as yo how it's done.

Lew

Hi Lew, I never run on battaries and I have the backlight set to stay on at all times. However, I have been reading this thread with interest, as I too did not know how to set the radio to do as you want. It took me quite a while to get it right.

I had to change settings in two areas of the EZScan Software.

First Area

General Settings (tab)
Backlight Settings (option box)
Mode (Pwr) = Normal
Area = Both
Level = High

Second Area (three choices)

A) Trunked Radio Systems (tab)
Select TRS
Talkgroup Details (tab)
TST Information (grid/panel)
(continue below)

B) Scanlists (tab)
Scanlist Information (grid/panel)
(continue below)

C) Conventional Frequencies (tab)
Conventional Frequencies (grid/panel)
(continue below)

(CONTINUATION of choice A) B) or C) above)

Highlight (turn blue) one or more horizontal lines that you wish to change Back Light settings
Left Click in the Blue Area in the column named Bklt/LED

A new screen/panel pops up
Backlight/LED Configuration (option screen/panel)
Backlight Mode: (option window)
SELECT On
Click on Set (button)

And, of course, Write to the Scanner SD Card, lol.

Swipesy

Sorry Lew, I botched that up thinking about the "LED" light pattern earlier today until I read your reply. What you want is not available, only ON, Key press, Normal, Ignore, or Stealth. The light on when the squelch is opened is only available on the Uniden models.

Dave, is the light on when the squelch is open another feature in addition to Hit Counts that were dropped from the 800 that were on the 500?

John

DonS

Dave, is the light on when the squelch is open another feature in addition to Hit Counts that were dropped from the 800 that were on the 500?

No.

On the PSR-800, every object (talkgroup or conventional channel) has its own set of "light" controls:
* LCD/keypad on/off/flash
* tri-color LED enable/flash
* tri-color LED flash pattern
* tri-color LED colors (4)

The controls on the PSR-800 are a superset of those on the PSR-500.

troymail

Silent Key
Yes - it can be done.

Can be done with EZ Scan -- you need to either import systems/channels into EZ Scan or copy your VFolder(s) into EZ Scan first.

Then, you must have Conventional and/or Trunked Systems tabs enabled:
Advanced Menu -> Show Conventional Frequencies Tab
Advanced Menu -> Show Trunked Radio Systems Tab

Click on the Conventional Frequencies tab

On the conventional panel, look for the column labeled "Bklt/LED".

For the frequencies you want to light up during transmissions, select Backlight Mode: "ON" on the cell in that column.

On the Trunked systems tab, select a system in the top window and then click on the Talkgrop IDs tab in the middle of the display. Again, select the cell in the column called "Bklt/LED" and set tie Backlight mode to ON.

Write the VFolder back to the radio.

Done.

(same thing Rob said I guess)

Note that you can set other "per channel" settings too like recording, alerts, etc...

Lew

Led

Thank Troymail and rwier!!

rwie, It seems everytime I can't figure something out you always have an answer. I am greatful and IMPRESSED!

Lew in SC

rwier

Thank Troymail and rwier!!

rwie, It seems everytime I can't figure something out you always have an answer. I am greatful and IMPRESSED!

Lew in SC

Took at least an hour with the software and the radio and all of a sudden, shazam!. Looks really neat in a dark room along with the colored LED lights.

Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.