Lea county question

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Does lea county simulcast over to the VHF and UHF or is everyone on the edacs there? I am probably going to pass through and was wondering if the sheriff and other conventionals listed are still in use or is it all simulcasted from the edacs? I know the fire still must simulcast or use VHF on one freq because it was bleeding over to otero on and off last week. It is there I out and must use the same tone as one agency in otero. But any one there know for sure if the conventionals are used at all on regular basis?

batrastard

Most of the county including Hobbs PD/FD/EMS are on the EDACS system. Some of the smaller cities, Jal, Eunice, Tatum do use conventional frequencies. Lea County Sheriff do use conventional and EDACS.

SCPD

QRT
Ok. So the sheriff uses edacs vhf system or you referring to they simulcast onto vhf using edacs? Or is it a patch they do on and off to vhf or just use it in areas edacs don't have good reception in?

CC1309

Lea Co and Hobbs are on EDACS. SO has still has VHF channels they use for car-car, but they are not simulcast with the EDACS system. Some of the volunteer FDs are patched into the EDACS system. Probably within the next 6 months the agencies that use the county dispatch service (LCCA) will all be moved over to APCO 25 phase II. Have heard that it will all be encrypted as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.