• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

LED Light setup help

Status
Not open for further replies.

mibzzer15

Hello. I am hoping this would be the right and the best forum to post on. (mods feel free to move this if it may not be in the correct section).

My high school auto shop is building a vehicle to use for what we call the NASCAR Pit Challenge. It is going to be used during our car show on May 12th. Competitors have to compete to take tires on and off the fastest. Whoever wins, gets a prize.

I am in charge of finding the LED's we need to make it look awesome. I believe we have agreed on doing a sort of police vehicle setup with blue/red/amber/white LED's. I will get a few pictures of the vehicle we have made online on Monday when I get back to school. And the vehicle has no motor. The only parts that are left are the unibody frame, suspension, wheels/tires, brakes, and most of the interior.

I first need help finding a good website that sells inexpensive LED's, control modules, switches, programmable LED displays, and even maybe some batteries and wiring. I have about $500 to spend on the LED's and related accessories.

We will be having a programmable LED display in the front windshield. Timers/clocks and push button switches to activate the timers. Flashing lights on the front windshield, dash, rear, and grille area.

Any help would be appreciated! And I will definitely be posting pics of the car before and after.

bnoland

Premium Subscriber
Hello. I am hoping this would be the right and the best forum to post on. (mods feel free to move this if it may not be in the correct section).

My high school auto shop is building a vehicle to use for what we call the NASCAR Pit Challenge. It is going to be used during our car show on May 12th. Competitors have to compete to take tires on and off the fastest. Whoever wins, gets a prize.

I am in charge of finding the LED's we need to make it look awesome. I believe we have agreed on doing a sort of police vehicle setup with blue/red/amber/white LED's. I will get a few pictures of the vehicle we have made online on Monday when I get back to school. And the vehicle has no motor. The only parts that are left are the unibody frame, suspension, wheels/tires, brakes, and most of the interior.

I first need help finding a good website that sells inexpensive LED's, control modules, switches, programmable LED displays, and even maybe some batteries and wiring. I have about $500 to spend on the LED's and related accessories. You should be able to get 4-8 light depending on what you go with. Switches are pretty expensive as well, you might be better off buying cheap switches and a couple of relays.

We will be having a programmable LED display in the front windshield. Timers/clocks and push button switches to activate the timers. Flashing lights on the front windshield, dash, rear, and grille area.

Any help would be appreciated! And I will definitely be posting pics of the car before and after.

Emergency lighting is very expensive even on the cheaper side of it. Prestige emergency lighting is pretty cheap. You aren't going to get much for $500 even with the cheaper brands. Check them out, they are probably your best bet.

Last edited:

mibzzer15

IMG_0893.jpg

IMG_0892.jpg

IMG_0891.jpg

IMG_0890.jpg

IMG_0889.jpg

IMG_0888.jpg

IMG_0887.jpg

IMG_0886.jpg

IMG_0885.jpg

mibzzer15

So that is the car we are building...if any car enthusiasts are out there, please feel free to identify the car cause to be honest, i have no idea what it is...but any help on LED setups would be awesome. Thanks again.

Rt169Radio

Premium Subscriber
Some of it almost looks like a design from the third generation Chevrolet Camaro.Then some of it looks like a 1971-1973 period Ford Mustang.

Where did you get it?

Last edited:

mibzzer15

It isn't actually mine. A student gave it to my auto shop teacher back in 2006 or 2007 and the teacher finally found something to make with it.

Plus its also a fiberglass body (if that makes a difference)

mibzzer15

I'll get some more tomorrow. I just ran past the auto shop today right as they were closing the doors so I couldnt get that great pictures.

krokus

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.973 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

I would avoid red & blue lights, since that can lead to legal problems.

Sound Off Signal makes some nice products. Look for a dealer near you:
http://www.soundoffinc.com/

KJ6HCB

My advice would be to hunt for an emergency vehicle outfitter in the area that could logo up your car a bit for advertising and loan you guys the lights or make a donation - then call up the media and get them involved in the positive aspect of HS auto class etc and make it an advertising win/win for everyone. You arent going to be able to find decent equipment to light a whole car for $500.

methusaleh

It appears to me to be a kit car, but I have been out of that scene for over ten years. Off the top of my head, the rear and side look like a Sebring, but some aspects of the side and front look like a Cymbria.

Do you know what the donor car underneath is? I have seen Sebrings on donor chassis from Mustangs to Trans Ams, whereas the Cymbria, IIRC, was dropped on a Porsche 911 chassis.

Then again I could be completely wrong, as my memory just may not be what it used to be.

EDIT TO ADD:

I emailed the photos above to my cousin, who immediately identified it as a Fiberfab Aztec. He is 100% sure.

Last edited:

krazykop1299

Maybe check some of the local police depts, they may, or may not have some stuff to get rid of. It can't hurt to ask !

Rt169Radio

Premium Subscriber
It appears to me to be a kit car, but I have been out of that scene for over ten years. Off the top of my head, the rear and side look like a Sebring, but some aspects of the side and front look like a Cymbria.

Do you know what the donor car underneath is? I have seen Sebrings on donor chassis from Mustangs to Trans Ams, whereas the Cymbria, IIRC, was dropped on a Porsche 911 chassis.

Then again I could be completely wrong, as my memory just may not be what it used to be.

EDIT TO ADD:

I emailed the photos above to my cousin, who immediately identified it as a Fiberfab Aztec. He is 100% sure.

Yup,your right.It is a Fiberfab Aztec.

Last edited:

bnoland

Premium Subscriber
That is a kit. Not sure what the out side is suppose to be but the chassis is a 90-94 Mitsubishi Eclipse/ Eagle Talon/ Plymouth Laser. Judging from the rear suspension it is one of the FWD models. Looking at the steering wheel that looks like an Eagle on the bottom middle of the center spoke so it is likely the Eagle Talon version of the 3. Also know is a DSM.

mitsubishi-eclipse-interior.jpg

You can really tell the dash is the same in this one but it has an aftermarket steering wheel.

38936314003_large.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.