Lee County

Status
Not open for further replies.

107pilot

I noticed that Lee County Sheriff operates on Motorola type 2 Smartnet... Also noted on RR that Lee County has listed Project 25 phase one system for Lee County sheriff as well, ... Is the P25 system in operation for Lee County??

Thank you.

KC2EIP

Premium Subscriber
It is in operation. Presumably, more things will transition to the P25 system over time.

I_am_Alpha1

I just spent a huge amount of time with this ridiculous county. For some reason, they decided to waste millions of taxpayer dollars. They run numerous independent trunking systems. Public safety has two, as you found. Most of the traffic is on the analog system with some cross patched to the digital system. Don't get too caught up into it--last year Motorola was awarded a contract to replace both. It will probably be another two years until completion. Some amateur radio repeaters just got bumped from towers so they could install the new antennas...so work has already started. In the meantime, install both and listen away. The contract is for a Phase 2 capable system that will operate in Phase 1 to start.

Bolt21

Spark Chariot Driver
I just spent a huge amount of time with this ridiculous county.

That sums it up quite well. Been this way for years. I used to collect their RIDs, but I've pretty much given up at this point. Guess I'll start caring again when I see 7-digit RIDs that start with a 6.

Bote

know-it-all
Feed Provider
To say nothing of their bizarre fire dispatch C.A.D. system. It's like playing whack-a-mole to figure out which channel gets which dispatch. You almost need at least a VHF receiver and a trunked scanner to catch everything. Good luck! You'll need it.

107pilot

I just spent a huge amount of time with this ridiculous county. For some reason, they decided to waste millions of taxpayer dollars. They run numerous independent trunking systems. Public safety has two, as you found. Most of the traffic is on the analog system with some cross patched to the digital system. Don't get too caught up into it--last year Motorola was awarded a contract to replace both. It will probably be another two years until completion. Some amateur radio repeaters just got bumped from towers so they could install the new antennas...so work has already started. In the meantime, install both and listen away. The contract is for a Phase 2 capable system that will operate in Phase 1 to start.
Thank you for your reply. I appreicate your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.