Lincoln County 2X Fatal, as paged

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
DATE: 7-6-08
TIME: 9:15 A.M.
LOCATION: Westbound lanes of I-70 at milepost 366. ( Approximately 5 miles east of Limon, CO.)

On 7-5-08 at approximately 5:47 P.M. Troopers responded to the westbound lanes of I-70. A gold GMC Yukon was traveling westbound on I-70. The vehicle drifted off the left side of the roadway into the center median.
The driver over steered causing the vehicle to enter onto the roadway and then depart off the left side of the roadway a second time and roll 2 1/2 times. The vehicle came to its final rest on its top facing in a north easterly manner.

The restrained driver has been identified as William F. File Jr. 68 of San Jose, CA. File sustained moderate injuries and was transported to the Hugo Hospital.
Within the GMC Yukon were three restrained passengers and all have been
identified:

Royce W. McFadden, 62 of Riverbank, CA. McFadden sustained fatal injuries and was pronounced dead on the scene by the Lincoln County Coroner.
Vickie McFadden, 58 of Riverbank, CA. McFadden sustained serious injuries and was transported to Swedish hospital.
Verna M. File, 65 of San Jose, CA. File sustained fatal injuries and was pronounced dead on the scene by the Lincoln County Coroner.

Alcohol, drugs and speed are not suspected as contributing factors however driver fatigue may have contributed.

Next of kin have been notified.

Status
Not open for further replies.