Lindsey regarding moderator comments

Status
Not open for further replies.

merlin3rd

Lindsey,
I started a thread about crackofdawnpawn in the admin section expressing my 2 cents about his selling on this site. I was dealing with him on a radio and reading his many posts. I decided not to buy from him. The thread was closed by loumaag. I felt that his closing the thread was premature. If it had been allowed to run its course we might have learned more about crack sooner. I just feel that loumaag is a little heavy handed and border line rude to the members with his comments when he closes threads including those of others.A suugestion from him to move the thread to another forum, etc would have been more helpful. I think this is the best radio hobby site ever and I believe that none of the members here intentionally make mistakes with postings, but helping rather than being critical is more proactive and condusive to the morale of the membership. I hope this is the right place for this message since I can not email you directly.
Thanks for listening.
Merlin

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
merlin3rd,

Thanks for your feedback, however I disagree with you.

Not only have I received numerous emails from crackofdawnpawn in private, that were riddled with cursing, and insults, he attempted to promote and run an entire business, for which many of us had questions about the legitimacy of.

We can't make everyone happy, however I suspect a lot of people were about to get ripped off...

merlin3rd

crackofdawnpawn

Lindsey,
My thread was questioning his selling practices. I didn't trust him. I agree with you. You might want to read my thread that was closed, but my real point was loumaag not crack.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
I fully support Loumaag.... sometimes it takes a hammer to keep all the nails in the boards around here. I'm not going to let questionable stuff progress to the point that an all out flamewar postarama develops.

pinellasfirefighter

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
you shouldnt have all the crusing and trying to run a store over the site i agree with lindsey .

Last edited:

MacombMonitor

merlin3rd's intentions were good! There was good reason to question, and challenge crackofdawn's activities. Closing the thread that was disputing crackofdawn's character in a way, restored confidence that crackofdawn was on the up & up, and ok to do business with.

Another member was made to feel guilty of their criticisms of crackofdawn which resulted in a public apology. Again, appearing to speak for crackofdawn's trustworthiness resulting in additional deals being made with this person.

I think it's fair to challenge one's integrity if you feel there is good reason for doing so. If the person has no ill intentions, they should be able to resolve the debate quickly. In the case of crackofdawn, he wasn't able to properly satisfy anyones inquiries. If the guy is a thief, call him a thief...simple as that!

KC1UA

Scan New England Janitor/Maintenance
Database Admin
Was it Lindsay's decision to shut down those threads? I'm not involved other than out of concern for the situation, but it really was the only common ground for the people that allegedly got hosed to communicate with one another. Sure it was getting a little excessive, with a lot of comments from people not directly involved (myself included/guilty as charged) but there was (IMHO anyway) nothing out of line or detrimental to this website in the context of the messages. This is a unique situation at this site. I thought the people that were involved should have a bit more chance to communicate as a group. Hopefully they'll find another place to do so.

pacrat551

TX Admin
Database Admin
The link has been corrected. There has been plenty of information passed on that thread regarding this person and what anyone can do.

P

ProBob

This message has been
deleted by the author because the moderators are only going to pout about it anyway...

SCPD

QRT
scancapecod said:
Was it Lindsay's decision to shut down those threads? I'm not involved other than out of concern for the situation, but it really was the only common ground for the people that allegedly got hosed to communicate with one another. Sure it was getting a little excessive, with a lot of comments from people not directly involved (myself included/guilty as charged) but there was (IMHO anyway) nothing out of line or detrimental to this website in the context of the messages. This is a unique situation at this site. I thought the people that were involved should have a bit more chance to communicate as a group. Hopefully they'll find another place to do so.

I totally agree here Scott. This is was the only way we could collectively discuss and gather information concerning this situation and now that has been shut down. No one was flaming anyone here and we were trying to discuss the facts and as a group come up with ideas on how to recoup our money. If RR is going to allow individuals to post equipment for sale then we should be allowed to discuss together on how to recoup our money lost. I don't think anyone here who got burned was using any language that was improper for this site. A little more judgment and consultation with other admins before locking threads might be in order here.

Last edited:

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
Folks, I might have missed something here, however it was my decision to start cracking down and closing threads.

Mr Crack started many issues with me, both in communications with me directly and on the site. We don't need to beat a dead horse, and we don't need to blame the moderators.

The last thing we need is thread after thread, post after post, of issues related to what the moderators are doing. We all were aware of what was happening, we all were aware that this business and his actions were most likely not legit. Why should we give it any more air time.

Please let this issue pass, accept what has taken place, and realize that the moderators are not out to "get" anyone, rather keep this fragile forums community going without blowing up like an abomb.

pacrat551

TX Admin
Database Admin
blantonl said:
I guess this also begs the question, was someone ripped off by this guy?

I was not aware that someone had lost money to him....

That is the way I understand it, and plenty of information and how to report him was already listed in that particular thread.

SCPD

QRT
blantonl said:
I guess this also begs the question, was someone ripped off by this guy?

I was not aware that someone had lost money to him....

Lindsay,

I have spoken to 1 individual on the phone and corresponded with 3 others who have been ripped off. Counting me that's 5, and that's just the ones I know of.

Please don't get me wrong, I think the admins here do a great job and should be commended for their work, but in some cases be a little more empathetic towards individuals who have lost a considerable amount of money. I feel sometimes like I'm getting kicked when I'm down.

Last edited:

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
Ok, I just saw the thread in question, regarding people actually being taken, and I understand everyone fustrations.

However, I still support the moderator's stance -- the thread was quickly going to become a free-for-all in the For Sale forums.

I've got his Paypal information, however I'm willing to bet the account was stolen, but I've also got his IP which tracks to a cable modem in Inidiana and other information.

If a law enforcement agency needs it, have them contact me via email at the above right link "RR Help Desk"

I shouldn't share the information otherwise since it would violate my privacy policy...

Sorry folks, and it may be tough for you to hear this, however I can only do my best effort to assist with these types of issues. They happen all the time, and it just isn't appropriate for us to beat a dead horse. We all know who he is, we know he's not legit, use those PMs if you need to coordinate amongst yourselves to share information related to this issue.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.