Linn County P25

Status
Not open for further replies.

radiowa

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
May 15, 2012
Messages
71
Reaction score
4
Is anyone hearing any voice traffic on this system yet? I keep getting tones on channel 100...
 

timkilbride

Member
Database Admin
Joined
Feb 9, 2006
Messages
1,911
Reaction score
69
Location
Linn Co Iowa
I can't remember which frequency they had the "digital mode" active on .....F4 sounds correct but it has been so long since they used it I just can't remember

My HT doesn't have a digital mode for any of the Linn County frequencies I can use.......

Actually I think they can use it on all 4 main frequencies, but don't quote me on that..... The deputies didn't like it and just plain refused to use the mode.............instead they use cell phones.


Until they got their new radios this year you would occasionally hear dispatch tell a deputy "your digital button is on"

The reason I asked is I heard some ProVoice this past fall on F4. I wasn't able to get my ProVoice receiver turned on fast enough to see if it was "local" or even encrypted. I personally thought it was "skip", but your statements make me think different now.

Tim
 

IowaGuy1603

Member
Joined
Jun 2, 2006
Messages
997
Reaction score
1
Location
Jones County Iowa
The reason I asked is I heard some ProVoice this past fall on F4. I wasn't able to get my ProVoice receiver turned on fast enough to see if it was "local" or even encrypted. I personally thought it was "skip", but your statements make me think different now.

Tim

Like I said ---------------I have no idea what mode the radio's used or what encryption was used because they hated using it..................but often accidentally pushed the button


Marion PD also was "digital" several yrs ago and it lasted about a month and they started back in the clear.

I didn't have a scanner capable of decoding so I didn't pay any attention...............
 

radiowa

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
May 15, 2012
Messages
71
Reaction score
4
Does anyone have any updates on status of the Linn Co. P25 system?
 

timkilbride

Member
Database Admin
Joined
Feb 9, 2006
Messages
1,911
Reaction score
69
Location
Linn Co Iowa
Does anyone have any updates on status of the Linn Co. P25 system?

I heard the techs talking getting full access to all the fire stations. Sounds like they are still installing/setting equipment up.

This may or may not be related to the system, but I'm seeing a Site 29 popping up on the EDACS side of things. Perhaps some in Linn county sniff this out?

Tim
 

LowSignal

Member
Joined
Jun 20, 2012
Messages
11
Reaction score
0
I think you put it nicely when you said some things are better left off public forums.
 

urdumb

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Joined
Jun 18, 2012
Messages
19
Reaction score
0
Location
Alberta, Canada
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.1.1; en-us; SCH-R530U Build/JRO03L) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30 USCC-R530U)

Hilarious. Why don't these people wait until the stuff is up and running? Trying to figure it out on a daily basis will just introduce erroneous information. Wankers I tell you. And the more you talk about it, the more encryption there will be.
 

bryonh

Member
Joined
Jul 6, 2007
Messages
54
Reaction score
0
Location
Central City,IA
Wirelessly posted (Droid : Mozilla/5.0 (Android; Mobile; rv:19.0) Gecko/19.0 Firefox/19.0)

my brother told me he talked to a tech from radio communications and the tech told him when the new system is done both linn county and CRPD will be encrypted 24/7
 

radiowa

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
May 15, 2012
Messages
71
Reaction score
4
I was able to confirm that LCSO F1, F2 and F3 are being simulcasted on LCOM.

It's nice to actually be able to hear them with some clarity :)
 

IowaGuy1603

Member
Joined
Jun 2, 2006
Messages
997
Reaction score
1
Location
Jones County Iowa
I was able to confirm that LCSO F1, F2 and F3 are being simulcasted on LCOM.

It's nice to actually be able to hear them with some clarity :)

I assumed they were doing all channels but only caught F1 before the 1/2 second delay between the scanner and my mobile drove me nuts and I locked the P25 off my scanner
 

timkilbride

Member
Database Admin
Joined
Feb 9, 2006
Messages
1,911
Reaction score
69
Location
Linn Co Iowa
F1, F2, and point to point patched for sure. Some other unidentified GID's are 156, 158, 159. More then likely all of these GID's will change again to the format like Johnson County uses. GID's 100 - 103 are for testing.

Tim
 

timkilbride

Member
Database Admin
Joined
Feb 9, 2006
Messages
1,911
Reaction score
69
Location
Linn Co Iowa
F1, F2, and point to point patched for sure. Some other unidentified GID's are 156, 158, 159. More then likely all of these GID's will change again to the format like Johnson County uses. GID's 100 - 103 are for testing.

Tim

57001 thru 57011 are being used now.

Tim
 

radiowa

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
May 15, 2012
Messages
71
Reaction score
4
It sounds like the following channels are now active LCOM P25. (I haven't had a chance to map them to a TGID yet)

LCSO - F1
LCSO - F2
LCSO - F3
LCSO - F4
ISP - CR BASE
ISP - CR LEA
ISP - CF LEA
ISP - POINT TO POINT
MUTUAL AID
 

timkilbride

Member
Database Admin
Joined
Feb 9, 2006
Messages
1,911
Reaction score
69
Location
Linn Co Iowa
It sounds like the following channels are now active LCOM P25. (I haven't had a chance to map them to a TGID yet)

LCSO - F1
LCSO - F2
LCSO - F3
LCSO - F4
ISP - CR BASE
ISP - CR LEA
ISP - CF LEA
ISP - POINT TO POINT
MUTUAL AID

So far the GID and RID's are being numbered a little differently then Johnson county was. I don't believe any radio's are actually live on the system other then the patch radios to bring VHF over to the system.

Tim
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top