Listener status

Status
Not open for further replies.

riverradio68

Feed Provider
I noticed that when I go to my feed page (logged in) it will show one or two listeners but in the feed interface, I use proscan radio feed, it often shows more. Why am I seeing this difference?

Additionally, I use XiiaLive with the radioreference plug in to listen remotely, primarily for the alpha tags. I have noticed it will not register in the listener status as well.

Thanks

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
I'm not quite sure - but it might be due to caching - the feed interface page show directly in real time what listeners are online, vs ProScan which queries an API that might be delayed by a few minutes.

riverradio68

Feed Provider
I'm not quite sure - but it might be due to caching - the feed interface page show directly in real time what listeners are online, vs ProScan which queries an API that might be delayed by a few minutes.

OK, thanks for that info. Kinda odd I thought being how the page didn't see me in Xiialive but showed browser listeners. Radio Feed shows current and max listeners which I reset the max daily. I guess one of those odd browser things huh.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
the feed interface page show directly in real time what listeners are online,
Is this automatic using the ajax or fetch method? I have to refresh my browser(Chrome latest version) for the Listeners to update.
ProScan which queries an API that might be delayed by a few minutes.
ProScan polls the API at 60 seconds intervals.

riverradio68

Feed Provider
You lost me with AJAX/Fetch. On both Brave and Edge I do not see the same amount of listeners as I do on Radio Feed (latest version).

Status
Not open for further replies.