LLAW1

bcorbin

Premium Subscriber
"Field Team" doing radio checks with "Dispatch" on LLAW1 (output 39.46, tone 156.7). Very strong in Santa Clarita Valley (more than likely coming off the state site on Los Pinetos)...

monitor142

I believe that those were Motorola staff doing grid testing of the LA-RICS Conventional overlay system. It should have the standard mutual aid channels for VHF-Lo and High, UHF, and 700 and/or 800MHz. This is in addition to the County specific channels that will be spun up at a later date once the mass migration to the trunked system takes place.

KE4SZT

Any chance the transmission goes something like: "Unit -- to Dispatch grid X-10 Y-15, how do you copy?" Then a response of "Inbound Pass Outbound Pass" ? I've been hearing a transmission in South Carolina for about a month on and off, trying to figure out who it is.

Any chance the transmission goes something like: "Unit -- to Dispatch grid X-10 Y-15, how do you copy?" Then a response of "Inbound Pass Outbound Pass" ? I've been hearing a transmission in South Carolina for about a month on and off, trying to figure out who it is.
Yes. Exactly.

Progline

Premium Subscriber
I heard a simplex conversation this morning, between "dispatch" and someone, 2 different signal levels (dispatch sounded like he was on a remote base, very strong signal), and the unit he was talking to was weaker. CTCSS 156.7

I never even thought of listening to this freq, I'm stunned that other than CHP, Low-Band is still in use here!