LMPD Interoperability Talkgroups

Status
Not open for further replies.

pjscott51

Premium Subscriber
I just tried to monitor the LMPD Interoperability Talkgroups on my 486 and I get the message nothing to scan.
This happened after I made some changes to my Sentinel program and downloaded the changes to my 486.
I checked by 586 and I could monitor the LMPD Interoperability Talkgroups. But once I downloaded the changes to my 586 I get the message nothing to scan.
The changes to the Sentinel program had nothing to do with the LMPD Interoperability Talkgroups. I checked the RadioReference DB and the talkgroups are still listed. Could it be that LMPD has encrypted all the Interoperability Talkgroups channels?

Thanks,

Paul

VASCAR2

When you use Sentinel for programming it has a bad habit of ignoring (locking out) certain talk groups that you want to listen which previously enabled in your favorites list. Check your programming for the Talk Group Sevice Type code like Interop and make sure it is enabled. The TG Service type code is the last column on the right in the database. A Friend has had issues where he will make a small change in his favorites list using Sentinel then looses some talk groups which were previously working. It is like Sentinel reverts to how the factory settings treat some talk groups like Tac channels, business, public works and either deletes certain service types from the favorites list or ignores/locks them out.

Last edited:

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
I think you got a quick key off that you might think is on, or a service type that isn't selected or perhaps something avoided.

I don't believe they have changed any talkgroups, as in encrypting anything existing.

pjscott51

Premium Subscriber
I've checked all the setting to Interoperability Talkgroups and everything is setup correctly. I even checked the settings in the new favorites that I created and their setup correctly. All the favorites quick key are correct. The service types are correct and nothing is avoided.

Thanks for the help,

Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.