BCD436HP/BCD536HP: Loading RR CSV to 436Hp

KevinC

Junior Radio Guru
Super Moderator
If you have Sentinel installed, you need to update its database.

View attachment 134229

You are also going to have a problem downloading that system into your scanner using Sentinel because Sentinel will not download or display any systems that do not have any submitted talk groups.

That system, Government of Newfoundland & Labrador (GNL) Transportation Trunking System, Provincewide, Newfoundland and Labrador does not have any submitted talk groups.

You can program the system manually through Sentinel and set the scanner to id search and if there is activity on it, you will hear it.

Or, because @ProScan software is the best and does not have these silly restrictions like Sentinel, take this hpe file I downloaded in Proscan and import it into your Sentinel. Its set for id search.

That system is also a Passport system, so it won’t show up in Sentinel. And no scanner will trunk track it either.

meridiangold

I understand. I guess I programmed my Pro528 to scan specific frequencies till traffic. I believe it uses a discriminator circuit to prevent lockup on the data part of the frequency. I see this issue on my RSP1A and SDRUNO. I guess the 528 stays.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
That system is also a Passport system, so it won’t show up in Sentinel. And no scanner will trunk track it either.
I did not know that. I did not see any notation on the page about not being monitorable. I had downloaded that system into Proscan and sent it to him.

1673636315143.png

KevinC

Junior Radio Guru
Super Moderator
I did not know that. I did not see any notation on the page about not being monitorable. I had downloaded that system into Proscan and sent it to him.

View attachment 134241

I didn’t say it’s not monitorable, you just can’t trunk track it. You can enter the frequencies conventionally and monitor that way.

I’m not sure how ProScan handles/imports a trunked system that the scanner can’t trunk track. @ProScan ??

meridiangold

View attachment 134241
I did successfully load it into Sentinel and wrote it to my scanner. The scanner does search for IDs. I'm not receiving any IDs or traffic yet on the 436 while I am receiving traffic on my 528. I also noticed RR's DB for this region is missing a few frequencies. TAFL has some of these frequencies hidden also. I expect I'll be trawling my 528 to update and confirm some for RR's DB eventually.

KevinC

Junior Radio Guru
Super Moderator
I did successfully load it into Sentinel and wrote it to my scanner. The scanner does search for IDs. I'm not receiving any IDs or traffic yet on the 436 while I am receiving traffic on my 528. I also noticed RR's DB for this region is missing a few frequencies. TAFL has some of these frequencies hidden also. I expect I'll be trawling my 528 to update and confirm some for RR's DB eventually.

If it’s truly a Passport system you’ll never hear anything with it being entered as a trunked system as no scanner will trunk track that system type.