BCD436HP/BCD536HP: Lock out help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tlenzi

Is there a way to lock out frequencys that you don’t want to listen to in the county that I am scanning? For instance, if I don’t want to listen to a particular towns law enforcement in the county I listen to. Is the only alternative to create a favorite list?

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Two different Avoid conditions:

Temporary Avoid is when you press the Avoid button ONCE on an active channel. That channel will then be Avoided (which is the new term for Locked Out) until the scanner's power is cycled off then on. After that, the Temporary Avoid is cleared and the channel is then available to be scanned.

Permanent Avoid is when you press the Avoid button TWICE on an active channel. The channel is Avoided forever or until you UnAvoid it by way of programming, either via software or menu sequence.

Tlenzi

While you have open squelch (scanner has stopped scanning) on the channel you want to avoid, press AVOID twice. You can avoid an entire system or department similarly, just read info in the link provided above.
While you have open squelch (scanner has stopped scanning) on the channel you want to avoid, press AVOID twice. You can avoid an entire system or department similarly, just read info in the link provided above.
Thanks. That’s helping.

Status
Not open for further replies.