Login and Edit Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

EdAzalia

I have to log in every time I want to edit a page. I have the keep me logged in boxes checked.
When I edit a page and it says Show Changes it does not display the changed page - just the lines edited.
Is it because I'm a new user? Doing something wrong? Difference because of the new software? I thought that only applied to the Forums.
Help!

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
I suspect that you aren't staying logged in because your browser is rejecting cookies coming from the RadioReference Wiki. But, that's just a guess. I seem to stay logged in.

Show Changes is performing as designed. It just shows what you changed.

Show Preview will show you the section or page that you have edited in preview mode. Note that if you click Edit in the menu on the left, you will be editing the entire page and show preview will show you the entire page. If you are clicking Edit at the right end of a section header within an article, you are only editing that section.

EdAzalia

Well I cleared cookies and made sure RadioReference Wiki is permitted. Same for the Main and Forum sections but only they stay logged in. Wiki no.

Does not show me the section or page edited in preview mode. I know it did in a previous user life so I was surprised it doesn't for me now. I'm using Firefox so I'll try EI11 and see what.

Thanks.

EdAzalia

Same results with IE11.

Doesn't stay logged in to the Wiki. Forum and Main OK.

No page preview shown when editing.

???

EdAzalia

Back to Firefox I specifically allowed permission to the wiki. Didn't help.

EdAzalia

Well now everything is working the way it should - magic or not!:) Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.