Long Beach Transit....

Status
Not open for further replies.

inigo88

California DB Admin
Database Admin
I listened to 508.5375 on Saturday and knew it was digital. I guess I'll have to settle to listening to aviation, as all these public service entities are going to P25. In my 27 years of scanning, I never knew it would come to this. First it was trunking and now this crap. I refuse to pay the big bucks for the digital scanners, only for them to go to something else.

Ironically, it sounds like the 508 MHz freq switched to MOTOTRBO, which is different than P25 and can't be monitored by any of the current $500 scanners. So in other words, it IS the something else they went to. :)

wb6pwj

The world is going digital. You are going to have to bite the bullet and buy a new scanner. Motorola has a proposal here to convert our PD channels to P25.

JWHAYS

The world is going digital and beyond. The way things are going, we will be further kept in the dark...mark my words.

monitor142

Would that conversion involve the use of encryption by chance? I know that you have fielded new equipment for the officers but are they even equipped with secure modules? I can understand special ops going coded but hopefully the dispatch channels stay clear....fingers crossed!

-M142

Status
Not open for further replies.