Long wire antenna question

Status
Not open for further replies.

venom6733

Premium Subscriber
@ prcguy...Well I ordered the toroid u said to use so I'll wrap it when I get it and post a pic on here to see if I wound it properly before I solder ends on it

prcguy

If you have 8 or 10ft of extra feedline you can just wrap that around the core. It would be great to see what your noise floor is across the HF band before and after the choke in installed.
prcguy

@ prcguy...Well I ordered the toroid u said to use so I'll wrap it when I get it and post a pic on here to see if I wound it properly before I solder ends on it

venom6733

Premium Subscriber
The coax I use for everything is JSC wire & cable mini 8/u .... I probably have close to 500 feet of that here on a spool that was leftover from my cb days back in early 90's ( JSC Wire and Cable | Copper Electronics ) everyone use to call it the"good grey stuff". I'll try to wrap it on the feed line first if my feed line isn't too big in diameter ...I know u suggested rg58 and I don't know if that's smaller than my 8/u or not but we will see

venom6733

Premium Subscriber
@prcguy ....got the toroid in today...I'll have to make a box and do it that way because I really don't have enough slack in the coax to do it direct....is this how it should be wrapped??? The bigger gray coax is a little hard to work with so I may get rg 58 and try it

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 95
Status
Not open for further replies.