• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Looking for a Blank CDM1550LS+ UHF Codeplug....

Status
Not open for further replies.

KJ6HCB

Bought an eBay radio recently and of course it has a CPS password, and the buyer has no clue what the local /\/\ shop set it to. So, Im in need of a codeplug for a CDM1550LS+ UHF 403-470 Model #: AAM25RKF9DP5AN

If anyone has a codeplug Id be most appreciative if you can send it my way - PM or post here and I can send you my email address. Thank you so much!

Matt

**Please note I do NOT need CPS, not looking for that as I have legally purchased it - I just need the codeplug .cpg file which has no legal issues associated with transfer. Thanks!

KJ6HCB

The cps has default codeplugs in the software.

HOLY SMOKES! I see a "Samples" folder in the Motorola CPS folder and it has a list of codeplug model numbers and TANAPA numbers - so I just find the .cpg that has the same model number and TANAPA and blow it in and Im set?

I cant believe they are all in there - Ive seen posts everywhere of people looking for codeplugs online from other members. Is this just for the Pro series CPS that they include them?

bezking

Did you hex edit the software or look for the password in memory? If I can dig up the instructions on Batlabs I'll post a link.

KJ6HCB

No I didnt, that would be my next attempt. I read that I can write a new codeplug to it of the same model number and it will overwrite the existing one and Im good to go. I dont need the old data so thats fine - others confirmed that works in prior threads I found on batlabs. Not sure why thats not working here.

Im using the newest version of CPS, wonder if there was an update to how passwords are handled?

W4JLR

No I didnt, that would be my next attempt. I read that I can write a new codeplug to it of the same model number and it will overwrite the existing one and Im good to go. I dont need the old data so thats fine - others confirmed that works in prior threads I found on batlabs. Not sure why thats not working here.

Im using the newest version of CPS, wonder if there was an update to how passwords are handled?

Find a person that knows how to fix those "CPS EPROM ERROR" messages they probably could hack the password

KJ6HCB

Well, this sagas over.

eBay Buyer Protection sent me a prepaid UPS label and is forcing the seller to refund me :D

I would still like to learn how to do the password memory read in the future, however this radio wasnt in the greatest shape. Bought a Buy It Now auction for $125 for a CDM1550LS+ which was a great deal, but no picture, this password issue and poor physical condition.... well - chalk it up to eBay :lol:

Thanks for the assistance.

KJ6HCB

Already shipped it back - eBay provided me a prepaid label. When eBay sees that it was delivered, they refund my money back.

Part of eBay Buyer Protection and PayPal payments - he described it as USED: WORKING, and even tried to still argue the fact that it works fine because it turns on to GLEN OPS 1 or whatever the channel was. I explained to the eBay moderator the CPS, password, reasons why a system may be passworded (theft of radio, etc ) and they completely understood and ruled ITEM NOT AS DESCRIBED.

I emailed the seller first telling him of the issue, and he spouted off about WORKS FINE, NO REFUNDS etc etc and said that my inability to use the programming software wasnt his issue hahah

W4JLR

Already shipped it back - eBay provided me a prepaid label. When eBay sees that it was delivered, they refund my money back.

Part of eBay Buyer Protection and PayPal payments - he described it as USED: WORKING, and even tried to still argue the fact that it works fine because it turns on to GLEN OPS 1 or whatever the channel was. I explained to the eBay moderator the CPS, password, reasons why a system may be passworded (theft of radio, etc ) and they completely understood and ruled ITEM NOT AS DESCRIBED.

I emailed the seller first telling him of the issue, and he spouted off about WORKS FINE, NO REFUNDS etc etc and said that my inability to use the programming software wasnt his issue hahah

so Glad you won your case.

radioman2001

New York North Carolina and all points in between
CDM and HT Password Bypassing

For future reference from software ver 6.10.04 and up if a radio is programmed with a password it will ask for a password to program another codeplug even if it's the original that you created. The only way around it is with the password bypass hack to the software (available at batlabs do a search) or re-flash the radio with it's original Tanapa using Unofficial Waris Lab.

MPFD535

I just had the same problem. I read the radio and halfway through it reading the radio I unpluged the programming cable from the radio. It made it have the epromm error. The new cps will fix the error and load in a blank codeplug to repair the radio.

unico

Premium Subscriber
I talked to the factory today, can not drop a blank one over the existing one on any of the Professional series, has to be sent in to be wiped clean. I've looked for the password in the unit, haven't been aby to find it as of yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.