Looking for help with NJ ICS and Whistler TRX-2 scanner

JMR3865

Premium Subscriber
All,
I have a Whistler TRX-2 scanner (actually multple) but this one at my one firehouse is not receiving the NJ ICS system. We know we are in a low spot with the system but I have an antenna on the window.

Im not thinking my programming is messed up. Anybody in here familiar with the programming and system enough to take a look at the file?

TIA

rr60

Premium Subscriber
There is plenty of Whistler TRX-2 information in this RR forum using the search tool above right. Here is one that may seem familiar.

DSYCUTTER

Premium Subscriber
Jonathon, a quick test would be to grab one of the working scanners at a different firehouse and test it at the location that’s not working, this will rule out the antenna setup. Can also bring the one that’s not working to a firehouse that does receive and see if it picks up signal.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
All,
I have a Whistler TRX-2 scanner (actually multple) but this one at my one firehouse is not receiving the NJ ICS system. We know we are in a low spot with the system but I have an antenna on the window.

Im not thinking my programming is messed up. Anybody in here familiar with the programming and system enough to take a look at the file?

TIA

I bet it is more likely simulcast than your programming.

policefreak

Premium Subscriber
The Whistler Scanners are notorious for performing poorly on 700/800mhz simulcast systems (particularly with Phase 2 audio) and the NJICS system is just that. So unless you're sitting under the shadow of a tower for the system you are trying to receive, you're likely not getting much more than a few random syllables.

Blackswan73

Or a Bluetail Nano at about a third of the price of the G4,5. Works very well in Simulcast environments including P2 700mhz systems. Also great support. If it only worked on NXDN, I would sell my SDS200 in a heartbeat

B.S.

Blackswan73

I am currently scanning two TRS and 11 VHF analog frequencies with my new Nano, working great. No problems. I had a Harris 700mhz system that was giving headaches, but continuous support from Todd at Bluetail solved the problem and now it works fine. My total investment with memory upgrade option, WIO terminal, and speaker was less than $275. I’m happy with it

B.S.