Looking for Info

hill

Premium Subscriber
TG 7640 is Trooper helo dispatch on First along with other private helos operating in Maryland. Private helos provide the hospitals they are enroute to it.

Going forward I think one 700 air to ground channels is patched to 7640, since receive similar radio traffic on both.

Haven't really monitored 44.74 and 47.66 for years and with all traffic on 700 and TRS most likely won't anytime soon.

I do live right next to Martin State Airport with Trooper 1 being based there and all of them kind of make trips up there once awhile with having maintenance base located here.

hill

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for update who can't use First.

Must be a patch from the 700 air to ground channels, since have heard them on giving status updates.

I think one was Express Care 1 or Air Care 1. With having the radios at home and in the car it could have both at different times. At least one of them was operating in DC area/suburbs.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Could also be a patch from another source. AFAIK, they could be using the old VHF freqs with permission from MIEMSS or MSP, or whoever controls those channels. The RCB has not given approval for private entities to join the FIRST radio system directly or program private radios to access FIRST as those radios would not be authenticated by the system.