Looking for International frequency information

Status
Not open for further replies.

IcomIcR20

Premium Subscriber
Hi all,

I am looking for the Guatemalan equivalent of the FCC ULS. If I am understanding this site correctly (Registro de Telecomunicaciones – SIT) it seems to reference a publicly accessible registry of frequency information for the country similar to the FCC ULS.

However, I am unable to locate the actual database. I may be missing it due to the site being in Spanish. I was wondering if anyone knows where this database is as it would be very useful in locating frequencies for Guatemala since I travel there sometimes.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

P.S. - This is the translated text from the above linked webpage that indicates an FCC ULS-like database:

The LGT created the Telecommunications Registry [1] which is administered by the SIT, the information contained in said registry is public and access to it is free. The main function of the registry is, worth the redundancy, register all the holders of usufructs of frequencies, radio amateurs and users of reserve bands of the state; only effects against third parties registered in the Registry.

The following information is included in the Telecommunications Register:

General Information: If it is an individual, personal identification data. If it is a legal entity, the name of the entity, the legal documents that certify its constitution and registration data registers. Location within the national territory to receive communications, citations and notifications .
2. Operators of commercial networks must additionally inform the registry of the general technical characteristics of the network they use.
3. The holders of usufruct rights of the radio spectrum must report on: The geographical location and technical characteristics of the frequency bands used. Geographical location and technical characteristics of the transmission systems used. Numbers of order and registration of the Usufruct title of Frequency. Issuance and expiration dates of the Frequency Usufruct title.
4. Users of reserved frequency bands: Geographic location and technical characteristics of the frequency bands used. Geographical location and technical characteristics of the transmission systems used.
5. The radio amateurs
Frequency bands used.

ecps92

Other than Canada, I have not run across any public information available for search from any foreign country.

Hi all,

I am looking for the Guatemalan equivalent of the FCC ULS. If I am understanding this site correctly (Registro de Telecomunicaciones – SIT) it seems to reference a publicly accessible registry of frequency information for the country similar to the FCC ULS.

However, I am unable to locate the actual database. I may be missing it due to the site being in Spanish. I was wondering if anyone knows where this database is as it would be very useful in locating frequencies for Guatemala since I travel there sometimes.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

P.S. - This is the translated text from the above linked webpage that indicates an FCC ULS-like database:

IcomIcR20

Premium Subscriber
Thanks... Hmmm well that seemed to be what the website was talking about. If not, maybe they meant that information from their database is available to the public, but only upon specific request.

ecps92

Translating [Google] the forms are to Register your Equipment and/or Obtain a license.
Didn't see any notations for searchable [publicly available] data.
Thanks... Hmmm well that seemed to be what the website was talking about. If not, maybe they meant that information from their database is available to the public, but only upon specific request.

IcomIcR20

Premium Subscriber
Translating [Google] the forms are to Register your Equipment and/or Obtain a license.
Didn't see any notations for searchable [publicly available] data.
"the information contained in said registry is public and access to it is free"

^Based on that and the list of details that followed is what made it sound like the registry was a publicly searchable database. Since I haven't located anything like that on their site, I'll assume that it's a misunderstanding in translation or the feature has been removed (if it ever did exist).

All I found was the Guatemala frequency allocations chart: Tabla Nacional de Atribución de Frecuencias – SIT

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
I am sure that there are more than a few amateur radio operators in Central American countries, the Bahamas, Bermuda, Virgin Islands, etc. who monitor their local PD/Fire/EMS systems with scanners. It would be nice if they contributed to the RRDB now and then.

IcomIcR20

Premium Subscriber
I am sure that there are more than a few amateur radio operators in Central American countries, the Bahamas, Bermuda, Virgin Islands, etc. who monitor their local PD/Fire/EMS systems with scanners. It would be nice if they contributed to the RRDB now and then.
Indeed. All that's in the DB for there now is a few trunked systems that a DB admin provided while on a cruise. If I go back, I'll probably bring a little SDR and see what I can find (although my Spanish is not the best ;)).

If I recall correctly, the Policia Municipal de Transito has a DMR CON+ system and I've seen the police (I forget what they call them there exactly) with some sort of Kenwood HTs.

Status
Not open for further replies.