Looking for someone in the Richmond county area

IcomIcR20

Premium Subscriber
Hello,

An ongoing project of mine has been mapping out the massive Fleet Talk NXDN system (L219) that stretches from Virginia into Georgia. I was in western Montgomery County, NC yesterday and picked up a weak Fleet Talk control channel on 451.150 MHz that was reporting site 28. After digging through licenses, I suspect that I was hearing a site they are licensed to use in Hamlet, NC (See: FCC Callsign WRCA678 (MOBILE COMMUNICATIONS INC.) (radioreference.com) ).

Since I do not live anywhere near there, I was wondering if there is anyone on here in that area who can see if they hear a strong control channel on that frequency in the Hamlet area. Even if you just have a conventional scanner, just knowing there is a control channel on that frequency in that area should be enough to confirm my suspicion.

Also, if anyone reading this happens to know where site 21 (451.025) or site 29 (451.1125) are located, those are both mysteries to me. They should also be located somewhere down in that general part of the state.

Thank you!

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
Depends on which site 21. There are 3.
Even though I'm on (sysadmin) the Florida Fleettalk, I have 219 in my radio also when I am up that way.

It is a multi shop, multi site system, linked in with system 96 in Florida and 15 in Georgia and Tenn too.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
An ongoing project of mine has been mapping out the massive Fleet Talk NXDN system (L219) that stretches from Virginia into Georgia.

It is a multi shop, multi site system, linked in with system 96 in Florida and 15 in Georgia and Tenn too.

Looks like @IcomIcR20 has more work and travel in store than he thought :ROFLMAO:

shajoe44

I would like to add another mystery site. I have found 451.7375 Ch 139. It is associated with the Georgia FleetTalk system. Network L15 site 30. I live in SC on the GA border so I have access to both Georgia and SC FleetTalk systems. This new frequency is not showing any neighbors associated with it. I have entered the frequency into the DSD frequency list. It shows no voice or data activity on it also. I have searched the FCC database and unable to come up with anything close to my area. The last site number listed on the Georgia FleetTalk is Site 29.

IcomIcR20

Premium Subscriber
I have spent a good deal of time working on the Fleet Talk system up here in North Carolina, and there are a few sites that, despite an in-depth search of the FCC ULS, I have been unable to find any license for. Most of these sites have frequencies in the 451.xxx range, although I suppose that could just be a coincidence. I see your mystery site is 451.xxx as well.

For example, the only way I was able to figure out where the Liberty Hill and Robbins sites on the NC/VA network were located was by driving around the area doing some rudimentary RDF until I located the transmitter. Once I determined the exact location of the site, even a search for all licenses at that specific location turned up nothing. Quite odd.

Since we are reviving this subject, I will just put here that, as of my last investigation, the only two active sites on the Northern NC/VA network of the Fleet Talk system that I have yet to identify are:
  • 219-6, 454.3625 (Ch 350). This site is reported as a neighbor on several sites in my region, although I have never once heard it, even when I have done scans of the UHF band from very high elevations.
  • 219-29, 451.1125 (Ch 90). I heard it once extremely faintly a few years ago while driving in Montgomery/Moore counties. However, there was also a band opening that day so there is no telling where it was actually located.

shajoe44

I am just curious as to why there are not any neighboring sites showing up. I receive the North Augusta site perfectly, 463.2250. This site has no activity on it but it at least shows the neighboring sites. This new site has a pretty good signal so I know it can't be too far away. thanks