Looking to buy an Alinco

Status
Not open for further replies.

ratboy

Premium Subscriber
I don't know if I'm understanding what is going on, but it seems to me you're totally confused as to what there is to hear and how to get it at this point, and probably the best thing you could do is to find a ham or someone locally who can demonstrate what you can hear on an "Alinco". You do know there are a lot of other good brands of receivers than Alinco, right? The Icom R75 is a nice radio. A low end portable like you have usually is more frustrating than anything else. I know, I had a couple back when I was starting out.

mainetrunk

Roger that, but according to my calculations, this receiver only searches through 2/3 of it's potential. You know, like on a scanner, just wanna hit 1 button or 2 and be doing searches through a certain area. Not to mention, %95 of the ham I've heard is garbled. I'm honestly guessing the Alinco can decode it. Not digital, the analog stuff.. It would be nice if it did air 110's,,,,,,. Uhf for certain other reasons. All I've seen so far for these big names is 0.003 khz -- 60.00 mhz, not far enough, Bhf/Uhf receivers, dont go be low 30.mhz.. ANY real thought about a great receiver for less than $300.00, please tell.. Thx, thx to Grundig as well for putting all specs on their tiny book..PS, I just got off the phone with the Ham Shack, it sounds like Alinco is what I want, dj-30.. Plus, no you tube videos for it yet, I'll be the 1st..Lol

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.