BCD436HP/BCD536HP: Lost digital channels

pj226

I have a Uniden BCD536HP I have had it up and running for over a year now. It is scanning all the channels I have stored, but has now stopped picking up the digital channels. I am only getting the analog channels. I have run a new cable for my outdoor antenna, but that hasn't fixed the issue. Any help would be appreciated.

jtwalker

Premium Subscriber
Either you’ve changed something in the programming/profile/quick keys to turn off these channels, or something has changed in the systems in question.

Need more info with specifics and attach your programming file for review.

hexagon_keyhole

Premium Subscriber
If Port Dover, Norfolk County, Ontario is correct for your location, it could be that the Bell FleetNet Ontario Provincial Government Zone 1 (Motorola SmartZone Type 2) has migrated to the Public Safety Radio Network (PSRN) P25 Phase 2.

If this is the case, your BCD436HP may not be compatible with P25 Phase 2 TDMA Simulcast, which might be the root of the issue.

You might find some more information here: Ontario

Last edited:

tvengr

Well Known Member
Is that Port Dover in Ontario, Canada? It is quite possible that the system has changed. It may have switched to another control channel you do not have programmed or the talkgroups may be encrypted. Which system are you monitoring? Please attach your favorites list file so we can take a look at it. Go to the File tab in Sentinel and click on Export to hpe file (Favorites List). You will need to zip the exported file to be able to attach it. Click on Attach files and open the zipped file. The new PSRN P25 Phase 2 system is almost totally encrypted which no scanner can receive. Any talkgroup with a Mode of DE or TE cannot be received.

Last edited:

LesWurk

I have a Uniden BCD536HP I have had it up and running for over a year now. It is scanning all the channels I have stored, but has now stopped picking up the digital channels. I am only getting the analog channels. I have run a new cable for my outdoor antenna, but that hasn't fixed the issue. Any help would be appreciated.
if you were picking up OPP etc the system changed and gone encripted check/search for the OPP switchover to PSRN thread

Last edited:

pj226

Thank you all for your feed back. Yes I’m in Port Dover. I will send out my favourites list and also check the PSRN thread. I hope that this scanner isn’t done. Lol.